1989 Batman & Joker Life Size Howard S Bust Paint Ups That I Did Keaton Nicholson

Monteburns

Sr Member
Here are two paint ups that I did on Howard S Batman & Joker sculpts.

The Joker I had painted up a few years ago & I had recently did a repaint on the Batman to capture more realistic skin tones.
I plan to lifesize the Batman with a full mannequin in the near future.

Picture147.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture725.jpg

Picture727.jpg

The 1989 Michael Keaton Batman & Jack Nicholson Joker have always been my personal favorites.:love

Last edited:
Re: 1989 Batman & Joker Life Size Howard S Bust Paint Ups That I Did Keaton Nicholso

Thank you HS.

Any praise coming from you is huge complement & is much appreciated.:thumbsup

Re: 1989 Batman & Joker Life Size Howard S Bust Paint Ups That I Did Keaton Nicholso

I had recently did a repaint on the Batman to capture more realistic skin tones.

Judging by the above images you've certainly accomplished your goal.

Very nicely done.

Those are b-a-utiful. Do you have any before pics on the Keaton to compare what you changed?

Did you use anything for a guide on how to do the skin tones or just work on it until it "got there"?
:thumbsup

looks like the heads were cut right off the actors.Really cool.

I love the Joker bust, not just the paintjob but the whole finish with the clothes and flower. Absolutely superb!

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments on the paint ups.

I basically just eyeball the paint to capture the skin tones.

The reason I did a repaint on the Batman was because I had accidently put too much 5 o' clock shadow on the original paint up.
It is hard to tell in this photo below but in person it was way too dark.
Once you go too dark you can not lighten it up & it really bothered me.

The hair on the Joker has 4 different shades of greens but it does not really show up in the photos.

Picture720-1.jpg

Last edited:

Nicholson-Joker is Amazing! Where can i buy and at what price ?

Impressive! I also see a bust of Eric Draven / The Crow. Is it possible to post some pics of that one too?

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks again for the positive comments on the paint ups.

The Joker bust I got from Howard Studios around 4 years ago so please check with him on the availability.

Last edited:

Finally got my 1989 Batman on his feet as I was able to find a 5 foot 9 mannequin.

I dyed a pair of Nike III air trainers and made the upper shin armor.
The base was finished to look like the Batcave ground.

I think the Batman look excellent!
The Joker looks good, but in the film he had a bit of a purplish eye shadow.

Awespme paint apps dude. Really love what you did with the mannequin base to batman. Real nice touch :)

I went to town on the base with spray foam, small rocks, sand & texture paint. It turned out somewhat realistic for a first attempt but would be even better if I made the base bigger.

I think I will put more effort into making custom bases for life size displays in the future & update the bases on some of my other life size displays.
The cool thing about a lifesize display is that you can always go back into a past project & upgrade things to make an improvement especially when you are working on a budget.

Awespme paint apps dude. Really love what you did with the mannequin base to batman. Real nice touch :)

What I should have done to this Joker was grind off the sculpted hair & apply a proper wig.
It can still be done but it is a tricky procedure.

There is purple shade in the paint up but it does not show in the pictures & a ton of shading on the white make up but it does not show in the photos either.
No flash was used but every time that I take a photo of white make up it looks completely white.

I think the Batman look excellent!
The Joker looks good, but in the film he had a bit of a purplish eye shadow.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back