1983 debate: “Star Wars is brutalizing children .... making children dumber ...”

dascoyne

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think I remember this.

I shudder to think about the degree of brain damage I must’ve sustained from decades of exposure to the Star Wars franchise.

Best part: “These are the kinds of films Disney should be making.”

Last edited:
I just looked up Tender Mercies to see what this guy was talking about. Every kid I knew growing up in the 80's raved about Robert Duvall and his drinking problem in that movie. No one I knew had a clue who Darth Vader was or anything like that. I was a social pariah.

I think I remember this.

I shudder to think about the degree of brain damage I must’ve sustained from decades of exposure to the Star Wars franchise.

Best part: “These are the kinds of films Disney should be making.”

By the gods, where once I was blind, now I see!

Thank you! Thank you kind sir for locating and posting this video.

What an empty life I have led...

Excuse me while I head over to Amazon to pick up a copy of the recommended classic, “Tender Mercies” and attempt to right years and years of wrongs, wallowing in ignorance.

Last edited:
Seriously
Nasty man and one most Actors in the biz hated and for good reason

Looks like Jabba the Hutt now!
You ain’t kidding!

EC9317EB-FD47-4B51-8334-83D6E6EF213A.jpeg

If there's something I've learned being on the internet over the years, it's that humanity's worst exists on 4Chan and in YouTube comments sections, and that the previous generation ALWAYS finds some way to crap on the younger generation and pick on things they like.

Last edited:
There have been countless studies that watching violent movies like COD in terms of violence do not correlate with violence at all after the first week at the maximum of watching the movie.

I dunno. Looking through some of the Star Wars threads in this very forum...I think they may have been on to something.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back