rodneyfaile

Sr Member
Many consider 1982 to be one of the best years in movies.

ET
Blade Runner
The Thing
Tron
The Wrath of Khan
Conan the Barbarian
The Dark Crystal
Annie
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Poltergeist

Will there ever be another year like that one? 30 years later, will 2012 come close?

The Hunger Games
The Avengers
Prometheus
The Amazing Spiderman
The Dark Knight Rises
The Hobbit
GI Joe: Retaliation
Total Recall
Skyfall
Django Unchained
Dredd
Expendables 2
The Cabin in the Woods

:lol Not a chance! :lol

Will there ever be another year like that one? 30 years later, will 2012 come close?

The Hunger Games
The Avengers
Prometheus
The Amazing Spiderman
The Dark Knight Rises
The Hobbit
Total Recall
Skyfall
Django Unchained
Dredd
Expendables 2
The Cabin in the Woods

I would go with 1994

Shawshank
Forest Gump
Clerks
Pulp Fiction
Interview with the Vampire
The Mask
Dumb and Dumber
The Lion King

ET
Blade Runner
The Thing
Tron
The Wrath of Khan
Conan the Barbarian
The Dark Crystal
First Blood

vs

The Hunger Games
The Avengers
Prometheus
The Amazing Spiderman
The Dark Knight Rises
The Hobbit
Total Recall
Skyfall
Django Unchained
Dredd
Expendables 2
The Cabin in the Woods

I think 2012 is going ot come a lot closer to the glory of 1982 than most think. Maybe I am just overly optimistic.

The Avengers has already VASTLY exceeded my expectations on every level.

Prometheus is the movie I have been most anticipating for the longest time.

I am so pleasantly surprised at the photos of the Total Recall remake and The Amazing Spiderman.

I don't see how The Dark Knight Rises or The Hobbit could possibly be bad.

If these movies live up to their potential, 2012 will be a truly GREAT year in movies. If a few of them EXCEED expectations the way The Avengers already has, then it could rival 1982.

I see 4 films on the 2012 list that make me think they might be/or are worth seeing... Avengers, Prometheus, The Hobbit, Hunger Games. I'm not too terribly hopefull for the rest. (I almost gave half a point to Cabin the Woods, but in the end... I just never really cared much for it.

That said, 1982 list also had 4 films that were worth seeing: ET, Tron, The Thing and The Wrath of Khan (which is probably the best film overall from either year)... ok, I'll give you Rambo and Fast Time, so 5 (and honestly even Tron was on the border).

I've got a terrible feeling about the new Spider-Man flick and the Nolan Bamtan flicks have been nothing but disappointment for the most part - and now he's going to kill Batman? Yawn. ...and I'm just not a Bond guy, I enjoy the films, but they're not really something I look forward to in a way like some other films.

The Avengers - well, I tried to keep expectations low - but all the pre-hype got me excited and the expectations grew and grew and it exceeded everything. The Hunger Games - was slightly above average. Prometheus and The Hobbit - well, if they're half as good as they look and as their pedigree's suggest we're in for two very fine movies.

I'm looking forward to Snow White & The Huntsman more than Bats or Spidey. I might even add World War Z and there's a handful of other movies that look interesting, too.

That said, 1982 list also had 4 films that were worth seeing: ET, Tron, The Thing and The Wrath of Khan (which is probably the best film overall from either year)... ok, I'll give you Rambo and Fast Time, so 5 (and honestly even Tron was on the border).

What abut Blade Runner and Conan?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back