Limited Run 1979 ALIEN - NOSTROMO CREW UNIFORM

Merry Christmas mate, just watched the Adam Savage video. everything looks incredible.

I just noticed on your website that pre-orders for shirt and pants are shipping in february. For those of us that paid via this website is that when we can expect to have ours shipped out too?

I'm pretty excited!

Is that Dallas jacket youre wearing in the photos one you made or is that available to purchase somewhere?

Thanks mate :)

I have never been a cosplayer nor do I think I would ever be one. But this is an amazing project and I am so desperate to have a full uniform I can't even express how much. Sadly these are a little far out of reach for me at the moment but I just wanted to congratulate you. Absolutely stunning effort. Well done mate. I am jealous of everyone who gets to own a piece of your work.

Merry Christmas mate, just watched the Adam Savage video. everything looks incredible.
Thank you, and Merry Christmas!
I just noticed on your website that pre-orders for shirt and pants are shipping in february. For those of us that paid via this website is that when we can expect to have ours shipped out too?
Yes.
I'm pretty excited!

Is that Dallas jacket youre wearing in the photos one you made or is that available to purchase somewhere?
I made it :)
Thanks mate :)
I have never been a cosplayer nor do I think I would ever be one. But this is an amazing project and I am so desperate to have a full uniform I can't even express how much. Sadly these are a little far out of reach for me at the moment but I just wanted to congratulate you. Absolutely stunning effort. Well done mate. I am jealous of everyone who gets to own a piece of your work.
Thank you for the gracious comment Chaank!

All of my garments a designed to be worn and enjoyed extensively, not strictly in the "Cosplay" context. I even have a few customers who ordered the shirts and pants in different colors and without the patches, in order to be worn on a day-to-day basis .

My shirt is here! :D
I received it yesterday and already put it through the wash. I just couldn't wait, lol.

20211228_095556.jpg

To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. It's fantastic. When I first unwrapped it, I felt like I was looking at an original costume piece. Everything from the fabric weight and color, the design elements, the detail stitching, and those amazing buttons... it's all perfect.

20211228_095617.jpg

I'm 5' 11" and around 185, and I ordered a size large. The fit is excellent, and as long as you follow the measurement guide that Adam posted, you should get a great fit.

20211228_094754.jpg

I ordered mine with the silver bullion wings. They're a work of art!

20211227_125509.jpg

The fabric weight feels just right. Not real light, but not too heavy for costuming or even everyday wear on those long hauls from Thedus to Earth.
Here's one last shot just after I woke up from hypersleep. I was only on my first cup of coffee. :lol:

20211228_095405.jpg

All in all I'm extremely happy with the shirt, and have to give Adam an A+ for all his research and hard work. It absolutely paid off!
Now I need to talk to Mother. She's detected some kind of signal. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about....

Just wondering if the interest list has been updated as I don't see my username there? Thanks.
I keep track of everything on my end, and update the list periodically. It's just me here doing pretty much everything so please bear with me. Back in full force right after the New Years.

Happy New Year everyone :)

Man this is top-notch work! So very pleased. I showed it all to my not easily impressed wife and she marveled at the quality of construction as well as the bullion in particular. She's a former marching band geek and wore a lot of bullion back in the day and she says it may be the most flawless piece of embroidered bullion she's ever seen. She had only one criticism and I don't think Nostromocrew can do anything about it:

"Pistachio is not your color." she says to me! Oh well.

I am tweaking one thing... I'm going to try to darken the T-shirt just an eensy bit, I think the color tone is right but want it just a little less bright.
This is not a criticism... I followed the discussions on T shirt color and I think there is no closer match out there to be bought. The factories are only putting out just so many green choices. I think from looking at publicity stills that whatever the originals were, they photograph the same color as the righthand planet on the patches, so I'm going to try to match the color of Nostromocrew's patch. Times like this I wish my FiL were still alive- he was a head dyer for Burlington in the 70's and 80's and might have had some knowledge of the dyes and color choices of the period.

Anyway, well worth the wait! No fence-straddling anymore people, if you want a Nostromo uniform, this is the one to get, 100%.

Man this is top-notch work! So very pleased. I showed it all to my not easily impressed wife and she marveled at the quality of construction as well as the bullion in particular. She's a former marching band geek and wore a lot of bullion back in the day and she says it may be the most flawless piece of embroidered bullion she's ever seen. She had only one criticism and I don't think Nostromocrew can do anything about it:

"Pistachio is not your color." she says to me! Oh well.

I am tweaking one thing... I'm going to try to darken the T-shirt just an eensy bit, I think the color tone is right but want it just a little less bright.
This is not a criticism... I followed the discussions on T shirt color and I think there is no closer match out there to be bought. The factories are only putting out just so many green choices. I think from looking at publicity stills that whatever the originals were, they photograph the same color as the righthand planet on the patches, so I'm going to try to match the color of Nostromocrew's patch. Times like this I wish my FiL were still alive- he was a head dyer for Burlington in the 70's and 80's and might have had some knowledge of the dyes and color choices of the period.

Anyway, well worth the wait! No fence-straddling anymore people, if you want a Nostromo uniform, this is the one to get, 100%.

Here it is! With modified t shirt...
View attachment 1543394
That’s awesome Schlegel I’m glad you’re happy with it and that your wife is impressed :) So much work and improvements have gone into this one.

Thank you everyone for being so patient (y)(y)(y)
This is a first batch of just shirt orders, rollout is on track but might take slightly longer than previously estimated. Many improvements are being implemented. And once again my main concern and focus is on expanding production without compromising quality.

Not sure how this works, I'm new here.... Are you still taking orders for the crew shirts? I'd be interested in an Ivory in either XS or S, depending on how much they shrink in the wash...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back