Limited Run 1979 ALIEN - NOSTROMO CREW UNIFORM

Allright, I should have started another thread...

I took this picture of Dallas and lightened it up to the point the shirt seems close to the "Ivory" color. The green shirt seems a bit more blue than the pistachio color (to my eyes).

Am I beating a dead horse here? Being over-critical (probably both)?
View attachment 1471282View attachment 1471283
At the risk of complicating things/re-inventing the wheel, here is my Gildan Ultra Cotton T in pistachio, with embellishments, photographed under natural light. The lettering on the back is olive drab/grey.
IMG_2705.jpg
IMG_2706.jpg

This reads into the blue for me. I seem to remember the sets had lots of fluorescent tubes but they shot with tungsten film. Might help explain why Ash's uniform reads blue when it is in fact seafoam green.

Apologies if this is too distracting or hijacking.

Last edited:
Hello there!

Would like an ivory in a large size, please! Thanks!
Thank you!
I’m interested in an Ivory in Medium please.
Thank you, list updated.
Hi, been following this for a little while now- truly outstanding work so far- please add me to the interest list for a blue, and possibly an Ivory too size 3xl [or slightly larger if you do em] cost permitting.
Again, marvelous work sir, well done!
Thank you sir! I will be updating the project soon.
I'm in for an ivory and a seafoam
Ok, Thank you!
Put me in this list for one Ivory xxl shirt
Thank you, added you to the list.

This reads into the blue for me. I seem to remember the sets had lots of fluorescent tubes but they shot with tungsten film. Might help explain why Ash's uniform reads blue when it is in fact seafoam green.

Apologies if this is too distracting or hijacking.

That is true and a good point about the seafoam green/blue.

The little horizontal strip of fabric is the correct color of the shirt I was trying to match. I managed to work it out, but yes.. this is a finicky color :)
Seafoam Color Pallet.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 10.27.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 10.27.43 PM.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 135
Sort of a gray-green on that strip. I wouldn’t call that a seafoam green myself…

But the “embellished” Pistachio shirt looks good in the photograph. I’ll probably just stick with that.

Sort of a gray-green on that strip. I wouldn’t call that a seafoam green myself…

But the “embellished” Pistachio shirt looks good in the photograph. I’ll probably just stick with that.

This color is referred to as "Seafoam Green", the lighting while taking the photo and the fact that we all view the same photo on our computer screen, does not convey a 100% accurate representation of the true color of that strip.

I'm interested. Ivory, probably large but maybe medium depending on final sizing chart. Looks amazing, glad my father kept all his Thinking Cap hats in such great shape!

The little horizontal strip of fabric is the correct color of the shirt I was trying to match. I managed to work it out, but yes.. this is a finicky color :)

View attachment 1486886
NostromoCrew,
For what‘s worth, on the color called Sea Foam Green, I was involved with many commercial nuclear plants that required this color in their major equipment specifications and especially control panels. The color, per my eyes, was always most like the second sample in your “color palette” which for some reason disappeared as I wright this reply. Some of the X-Navy submariners hated that color. Love your Nostromo work.

Major Update

Hi everyone,
Biggest update so far! The first post now includes the fully revised size chart, updated price list, And new photos of my final version of the crew shirt.
(The final version will of course come with the brass buttons. They are too precious to use on samples...)
IMG_0382.jpeg
IMG_0383.jpeg
IMG_0384.jpeg
IMG_0322.jpeg

IMG_0331.jpeg

NostromoCrew was kind enough to let me try on his first prototype shirt earlier this year. It was a great garment, my only nitpicks being that the fabric weight could be higher and the epaulets sturdier. This week he sent me his second prototype, and to say I was floored would be an understatement.

First of all, the fabric was a heftier, ridiculously comfy linen (you'll never want to take this shirt off) and the epaulets so sturdy that a xenomorph could grab them and hoist you to your doom without a single seam ripping.

IMG_9447.jpg

This shirt is not only the most accurate replica I've ever seen, but also one of the best made shirts I've ever worn. The fabric, fit, and construction are top shelf. NostromoCrew has gone the extra light year and it shows in every stitch. These shirts (and I've ordered three) are worth every penny. Do not hesitate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back