1966 Batman Bat-Radio - Paragon FX review

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just in from the post, Paragon FX's new "Bat-Radio".

Thought I'd capture a high level review here for folks to check it out. Knew I wanted this when first seeing it in person at a convention.

High level review:
  • Packaging
    • very professional, branded and sturdy (not throwing this away)
    • Fun, well-designed collectible pamphlet
  • The Bat-radio
    • Nice hefty weighted replica
    • light and sounds are respectively bright and loud (kudos for placing the speaker in the front)
    • antennas and speaker grill are metal which balances nice with the plastic? light trim
    • the included voice clips are nice (different character voices are included)
    • can stand up-right with no balance issues
    • perfect for display or cosplayability? ( is that even a word?)

For the tech-diy minded folks, this housing has plenty of space for creating/adding custom electronics to further increase it's playability (making it into a 2-way radio, custom audio board, etc).

Feedback, nice-to-haves and minor callouts

• Feedback
    • for v2, separating the battery door from the electronics to prevent accidental tearing of wires (almost happened to me for not being patient)
      • alternatively, maybe a redesign of the layout/placement would clean up the internal design a bit
  • Nice-to-haves
    • a self service way of uploading mp3 clips to the board for custom audio/extended playability
      • enabling me to upload the theme song, joker clips or random audio for fun
    • a belt clip or case to carry on a Bat-belt for cosplay
  • Minor callouts
    • I can't really think of anything

Overall this is a great replica, and something i've wanted for a while, but never found something with great quality. This hits all the marks for me and perfect for the 1966 collection. Perfectly priced I think as well, here it is along some of my 66' stuff for scale.

Photo Jan 05 2023, 10 54 21 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Video Jan 05 2023, 10 52 20 AM.mov
    19.5 MB
  • Photo Jan 05 2023, 10 45 32 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 05 2023, 10 45 32 AM.jpg
    888.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Photo Jan 05 2023, 10 47 16 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 05 2023, 10 47 16 AM.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 138
  • Photo Jan 05 2023, 10 43 14 AM.jpg
    Photo Jan 05 2023, 10 43 14 AM.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
Just in from the post, Paragon FX's new "Bat-Radio".

Thought I'd capture a high level review here for folks to check it out. Knew I wanted this when first seeing it in person at a convention.

High level review:
  • Packaging
    • very professional, branded and sturdy (not throwing this away)
    • Fun, well-designed collectible pamphlet
  • The Bat-radio
    • Nice hefty weighted replica
    • light and sounds are respectively bright and loud (kudos for placing the speaker in the front)
    • antennas and speaker grill are metal which balances nice with the plastic? light trim
    • the included voice clips are nice (different character voices are included)
    • can stand up-right with no balance issues
    • perfect for display or cosplayability? ( is that even a word?)

For the tech-diy minded folks, this housing has plenty of space for creating/adding custom electronics to further increase it's playability (making it into a 2-way radio, custom audio board, etc).

Feedback, nice-to-haves and minor callouts

• Feedback
    • for v2, separating the battery door from the electronics to prevent accidental tearing of wires (almost happened to me for not being patient)
      • alternatively, maybe a redesign of the layout/placement would clean up the internal design a bit
  • Nice-to-haves
    • a self service way of uploading mp3 clips to the board for custom audio/extended playability
      • enabling me to upload the theme song, joker clips or random audio for fun
    • a belt clip or case to carry on a Bat-belt for cosplay
  • Minor callouts
    • I can't really think of anything

Overall this is a great replica, and something i've wanted for a while, but never found something with great quality. This hits all the marks for me and perfect for the 1966 collection. Perfectly priced I think as well, here it is along some of my 66' stuff for scale.

View attachment 1654573
Awesome write up. The radio looks great.

Also where’d you get that cowl?!?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back