1951 The Day The Earth Stood Still Klattu helmet?

I made a mold made of the original before it was sold. This helmet was one of two made for the film. (there was also a full statue) This one is the one Lock Martin wore, the other, the close up helmet for the lighting effect, belongs to Bob Burns (Who identified this one) The only part on this which is not original is the visor, which I made from aluminum, since the original was missing. In addition to the outside, we molded the skull cap inside.
I had plans to make a short run of them, but got side tracked. If there is enough interest, I would consider doing it sooner than later.
7d45863a62df6a85e234caacc5049144--helmet-scifi.jpg
fe6ab2caf7ee4055f0e8a8--robert-picardo-movie-props.jpg

Here are a couple of actors holding the original in my shop.

Last edited:
I offered a 3d printable of this helmet a while ago (bot actually), I'll see if I can find it. My Klaatu is wearable as well.

I made a mold made of the original before it was sold. This helmet was one of two made for the film. (there was also a full statue) This one is the one Lock Martin wore, the other, the close up helmet for the lighting effect, belongs to Bob Burns (Who identified this one) The only part on this which is not original is the visor, which I made from aluminum, since the original was missing. In addition to the outside, we molded the skull cap inside.
I had plans to make a short run of them, but got side tracked. If there is enough interest, I would consider doing it sooner than later.
View attachment 1515107View attachment 1515108
Here are a couple of actors holding the original in my shop.
I would absolutely buy one of those.

I offered a 3d printable of this helmet a while ago (bot actually), I'll see if I can find it. My Klaatu is wearable as well.
Hello, Newbie here.
I am extremely interested in a comment you made 2021 regarding the helmet of Klatuu the being from the 1951 The Day The Earth Stood Still.
Wondering if you ever found the printable file for the wearable helmet? Am intensely interested in obtaining a printed model for my TDTESS collection. Any information you would be willing to supply regarding files or actual printed 1:1 helmet would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You kindly, in advance, for your time and energies.
Qwho51

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back