1951 The Day The Earth Stood Still Klattu helmet?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

lmgill

Sr Member
I made a mold made of the original before it was sold. This helmet was one of two made for the film. (there was also a full statue) This one is the one Lock Martin wore, the other, the close up helmet for the lighting effect, belongs to Bob Burns (Who identified this one) The only part on this which is not original is the visor, which I made from aluminum, since the original was missing. In addition to the outside, we molded the skull cap inside.
I had plans to make a short run of them, but got side tracked. If there is enough interest, I would consider doing it sooner than later.
7d45863a62df6a85e234caacc5049144--helmet-scifi.jpg
fe6ab2caf7ee4055f0e8a8--robert-picardo-movie-props.jpg

Here are a couple of actors holding the original in my shop.

Last edited:

laellee

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I offered a 3d printable of this helmet a while ago (bot actually), I'll see if I can find it. My Klaatu is wearable as well.

SPY007

cool. thanks. I built a working Klaatu divice several years ago

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 13

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.