1933 King King Armature Replica

That's what I'm sayin'

I was counting on a grand so it's like 2 for 1 in my twisted world of reason;-)

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell@Dec 2 2005, 11:15 PM
That's what I'm sayin'

I was counting on a grand so it's like 2 for 1 in my twisted world of reason;-)
[snapback]1127464[/snapback]​

:lol Yeah but its a wonderful world we live in. ;) :lol

OK guys I think we can all thank Mr. Burns for the pricing on this piece.

I spoke to a frend of mine who talked to Bob Burns at Kongfest.
Here's some info on the armature (some good news some possible bad news)

I spoke with Bob Burns about this piece at KongFest -
And he just went on and on about it. There is good news, and there is (maybe) bad news.

First the good news. He said that they have micro analyzed the original down to every last detail. If a screwhead is bent and has a mark in the original, the reproduction will have that, too. It is meant to replicate all the wear and tear of the original. They will have a feature up at some point "compare the original to the repro" with pictures...so we can all see what Bob thinks is a fantastic amazing reproduction.

The second bit of good news. The head itself is molded directly from the original. So this will be an EXACT replica.

The middle news: He did not know specifically what metal it would be made out of.

Now, the bad news. Bob "thought" that the lower half of the piece would be FROZEN in the pose, soldered or welded or some such thing. He was not completely sure about this.

He wanted to emphasize the following point.

When engaging in this process, he had been approached about doing this before, but insisted that it be done in such a way that a fan, a casual collector, could afford it. We certainly can't argue with the price on this. Perhaps some compromises were made in order to give us this incredible price.

That's the news from KongFest, and the mouth of the man himself, Bob Burns.

DS

Hmmm... SOLDER can be removed, can't it? :D

Now the question becomes... Sideshow '33 Kong armature... or WETA '05 Kong vs V-Rex statue... :angry

- k

Originally posted by phase pistol@Dec 8 2005, 06:42 AM

Now the question becomes... Sideshow '33 Kong armature... or WETA '05 Kong vs V-Rex statue...  :angry

- k
[snapback]1131296[/snapback]​

I say......................BOTH.

DS

Originally posted by DARTH SABER+Dec 8 2005, 06:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARTH SABER @ Dec 8 2005, 06:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-phase pistol
@Dec 8 2005, 06:42 AM

Now the question becomes... Sideshow '33 Kong armature... or WETA '05 Kong vs V-Rex statue...  :angry

- k
[snapback]1131296[/snapback]​

I say......................BOTH.

DS
[snapback]1131300[/snapback]​
[/b]

And if I had to choose I would take the first one (bacause it´s such an iconic piece)

Domenik

The problem is complicated by the fact that I already have the WETA statue on preorder. :D

Also, this is probably heresy to say it, but the '33 armature, as significant as it is, as important and iconic a piece...

Well it just doesn't do much for me visually. :unsure

Needs a rabbit fur coat. :D

- k

Hmm. Since I've already pre-ordered, and very deliberately read through all of the marketing literature before doing so...

"This reproduction of the 'T-Rex Battle' King Kong armature is authentic in every detail, and fully capable of recreating the stop-motion puppetry magic of the original film. Each element of Kong's metal skeleton has been replicated to exacting standards, from flexible fingers to powerful jaws. The surface of each skeletal part recreates the texture and tool marks from the original fabrication, even the aging and weathering of the piece has been replicated. The armature is complete with a high quality display base featuring a 'Kong' nameplate. Sideshow Collectibles and Bob Burns are proud to offer this authentic replica of one of Hollywood's most famous, influential and historic film icons."

...I would have to say that if the lower portion of the armature is not articulated, then I would have a real hard time reconciling that with the above statement - "...fully capable of recreating the stop-motion puppetry magic of the original film."

But, that's just my opinion. Nothing against Bob/Sideshow at all. I confess, however, that I had hopes to build an Empire State Building upper tower to display the armature - despite it being the T-Rex version. If the legs/feet don't move...well, I'll have to come up with something else.

Allan

I agree that it would be missleading if it was different then what was stated in the advertisment, but I will still get it and be happy with it.

I want to play dress up with him and a rabbit fur coat. :lol

Lynn

Guys, please reread my post again... Bob Burns said he "Thought" the bottom part of the armature MIGHT not be posable.

I thgink we should wait until further info comes out from Sideshow (There's plenty of time...The armature doesnt come out until Jul-Sept 2006)

DS

Hmmm, I just reread the descrition and well, perhaps it isn´t moveable at all (the fingers are mentioned, the jaws, but what´s up with the rest?.)

Or did I miss something? Well, I´m still thinking about ordering one. :$

Thanks a lot

Domenik

Originally posted by Lello999@Dec 20 2005, 01:54 PM
Hmmm, I just reread the descrition and well, perhaps it isn´t moveable at all (the fingers are mentioned, the jaws, but what´s up with the rest?.)

Or did I miss something? Well, I´m still thinking about ordering one. :$

Thanks a lot

Domenik
[snapback]1140103[/snapback]​

Reread it again.....

"This reproduction of the 'T-Rex Battle' King Kong armature is authentic in every detail, and fully capable of recreating the stop-motion puppetry magic of the original film. Each element of Kong's metal skeleton has been replicated to exacting standards, from flexible fingers to powerful jaws. The surface of each skeletal part recreates the texture and tool marks from the original fabrication, even the aging and weathering of the piece has been replicated. The armature is complete with a high quality display base featuring a 'Kong' nameplate. Sideshow Collectibles and Bob Burns are proud to offer this authentic replica of one of Hollywood's most famous, influential and historic film icons."

" fully capable of recreating the stop-motion puppetry magic of the original film."

That alone says to me it is fulley posable... I guess we'll see in half a year.

Lynn

Wow- I hadn't seen the price- Wow. Placed my order- I am really looking forward to seeing this-

Doc

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back