1930's Department of Intelligence letter head?

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Would love to attempt a version of the Abner Nazi communique letter from Raiders.

I bought one off Ebay and it really isn't what I was expecting. Want to try it on onion skin typing paper, typed on an old vintage typewriter..complete with period correct letterhead.

Any ideas/examples? Searched, but no hits.

Would love to attempt a version of the Abner Nazi communique letter from Raiders.

I bought one off Ebay and it really isn't what I was expecting. Want to try it on onion skin typing paper, typed on an old vintage typewriter..complete with period correct letterhead.

Any ideas/examples? Searched, but no hits.

Hey there Darkhelmet: Are you looking for a US Military Intelligence letterhead or nazi letterhead or ?

Hey there Darkhelmet: Are you looking for a US Military Intelligence letterhead or nazi letterhead or ?

US Military Intelligence, War Department, etc. I have no idea what they used back then for intelligence correspondence, such as the intercepted Nazi message.

Were they teletyped, or typed on a type writer? When I was in the Army during the mid 80's..messages like this would have come over a teletype. Just wondering if they had that technology, similar to a telegram for these sorts of things, or did someone take the intel and type it on a sheet, such as the prop that's being offered.

US Military Intelligence, War Department, etc. I have no idea what they used back then for intelligence correspondence, such as the intercepted Nazi message.

Were they teletyped, or typed on a type writer? When I was in the Army during the mid 80's..messages like this would have come over a teletype. Just wondering if they had that technology, similar to a telegram for these sorts of things, or did someone take the intel and type it on a sheet, such as the prop that's being offered.

Could have been teletyped or hand typed, they kind of looked the same anyway.

I don't think US Military Intelligence had a logo in the 1930's.

I found the attached copy of a US Military Intelligence memo/communique from 1944 online somewhere that maybe you can use. There is no logo on it from then so likely no logo before then.

bfd

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back