18" Pumpkinhead problem

UglyMoFo

Hey everyone, haven't been around for a while. Anyways, FINALLY got some free time and wanted to ask about a problem I'm having with my SOTA 18" Pumpkinhead figure. The front-most leg has, over some time now, slowly been bending outwards to the point he can barely stand up on his own. I noticed he wouldn't stand up without the little black wedeged it came with, whereas before he didn't need them. That was fine for a while but now it's bent so much one of the wedges is off the ground a tiny bit. It's not in sunlight or heat, hasn't been dropped or fallen, and I'm certainly not doing it. Any ideas what could be causing this? Help appreciated.

-Jarred

Hey everyone, haven't been around for a while. Anyways, FINALLY got some free time and wanted to ask about a problem I'm having with my SOTA 18" Pumpkinhead figure. The front-most leg has, over some time now, slowly been bending outwards to the point he can barely stand up on his own. I noticed he wouldn't stand up without the little black wedeged it came with, whereas before he didn't need them. That was fine for a while but now it's bent so much one of the wedges is off the ground a tiny bit. It's not in sunlight or heat, hasn't been dropped or fallen, and I'm certainly not doing it. Any ideas what could be causing this? Help appreciated.

-Jarred
well buddy i don't have the figure, ive seen it, and what i know of pumkinhead is that he's got some kinda skinny legs, so im sorry to say that your main problem is gravity my friend and unfortunately the 18" figure was probably never displayed for a year or two before they sold them as to see this future problem arise. the legs should've been made from harder plastic to support such a beast, but as we know we can't really do anything about the one force that is probably the culprit here. you may just have to improvise bro :rolleyes: sorry i couldn't help more.

Sad to hear about your Phead prob...
Since its made of a vinyl like material...so over time it will warp...especially with temperature change. I suggest heating the part that's warped either with a hot hairdryer, or you can dip the foot in boiling water.
Once its heated it will be very flexible....and should go back to its original position and shape. Once you have it posed the way you want it....stick it under the faucet while running really cold water. This will " freeze" the vinyl into that position....and he should stand again.......
For a more permanent fix... you could add metal rods or fill the legs with plaster.
I always lean mine tilted back a bit.....using the wall for support.

hope this helps.

Joe

ya, what he said... as many times as i've used the hairdryer-cold water method, i can't believe i didn't think to mention that. :) yes it is a somewhat temporary fix cause it's plastic or vinyl or whatever it is but those materials always have the potential to warp due to their molecular structure, they can "give". you should only have to do it once every few months or so depending on how weight bearing the pose is, maybe even once every six months, i dunno, good luck buddy

i just googled the mo fo and i don't understand, what is happening? the bottom part of the front leg is bending forward? or to the side? the legs aren't hollow are they? not that any of that really makes a difference, i was just curious, either way the previously mentioned method should do the trick, for a while at a time anyway

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back