17th Precinct

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by MattMunson, Dec 30, 2011.

1. MattMunson

MattMunson Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I've got that down to watch this weekend when I get some time. It sounds a bit like the "Dresden Files" to me, but taken to an extreme where magic is commonplace and technology isn't.

3. JD

JD Master Member

Must watch... vimeo took it down.

4. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

DAMNIT! Too slow. Matt, did you get a copy or anyone know where else it can be seen?

5. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Gone already. :(

I was REALLY looking forward to this show and was highly disappointed when it didn't get picked up.

6. MattMunson

MattMunson Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I did not think to save it, though I'm sure it will show up as a torrent shortly.

I DEFINITELY think it's worth a watch. I'm not surprised the network did not pick it up, as it's a very "risky" show. I'm sure it's expensive too. Still, it would have been great to see it get 12 episodes or something. Maybe it will find a home on one of the smaller channels.

7. GDafi

GDafi Sr Member

I managed to watch it shortly after Matt started this thread, and it's a * shame it was not picked up.
    Great cast, storyline looked interesting and I loved the fact that magic was in use and science was not.
    Plus really cool effects especially with the crime scene stuff:thumbsup

8. the_batdemon

the_batdemon Sr Member

Unfortunately, I didn't see it, but did read some articles. Why did NBC pick up Grimm instead of this?

9. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Cost. 17th Precinct, from what I have read, would have a lot higher production cost. You'd have to 'replace' technology with magic in every scene shot, and I imagine that'd put it's prop/CGI/set dressing budget pretty high. From what I've seen of Grimm, they occasionally have to do some CGI work over people's faces.

10. the_batdemon

the_batdemon Sr Member

Isn't that always the reason. Isn't SyFy a sister network? Ratings would have been better there, so advertising monies could be had. Oh well, another loss for the fans.

11. GDafi

GDafi Sr Member