1776 Letter of Marque

SigsegV

Not really a movie prop, more of a historical document recreation, but figured I'd share it. Last night I was browsing Magnoli Props and saw this, and figured I could probably do something similar, if substantially less fancy. Some searching online for a good example of a plain letter of marque brought me to this one from 1776, which was cool enough that I had to do it. So far I've got the printed parts of the text and the signature done, so it just needs to have the blanks filled in so I can print it out and age it, which I'll do tomorrow.

Here's a PDF of it with the blanks left blank: View attachment letter of marque - blank.pdf

And here's the .docx file if you want to fill it in before printing it out: View attachment letter of marque - blank.docx
(Font used is Caslon Antique.)

I'll take pictures and put them up when I finish mine.

PRESIDENT is still misspelled. Otherwise very nice.

Thanks, I made a ton of spelling errors since I was too focused on the formatting, and the long s's threw me off a fair bit too.

I've printed out a few test version and decided that they're just too small on letter size paper, so I'm going to order some legal size and try again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back