1701-A refit FINISHED !

Now that is truly one of the best refit builds I've seen. :D

The paint work is full of subtlety, and the lights are just right.

:thumbsup

(too bad it's the "-A" version, I much prefer the original... but who's to quibble. :lol )

- k

WOW. I though it looked amazing just painted. Now lit up..........a whole new ball game..

That is insane. Congrats....

Originally posted by Rogue Studios@Apr 9 2006, 04:07 PM
What's the info on this kit how big is it? can you/we buy one?

Lee
[snapback]1223017[/snapback]​

the kit is a polar lights which are available on feeBay all the time

dave

As nwjedidave said you can get them on ebay, but the best place I have found to order them is from the Starship Modeler store. I ordered another last Saturday and it was on my doorstep MONDAY. Plus they have a great price.

JDH

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/cfstore/ind...y&Product_ID=33

**EDIT** Great build up nwjedidave they did a great job for you. Any chance of some pics of the bottom of the saucer?

Greg

Originally posted by Rogue Studios@Apr 9 2006, 11:07 AM
What's the info on this kit how big is it? can you/we buy one?

Lee
[snapback]1223017[/snapback]​

bottom of saucer

bal27.jpg

i have others if you're looking for something more specific

dave

lol yea...

i was given some other options that i had "installed" those were:

a sound board that activates when the photon torpedoes are activated, and Illuminated randomly firing phasers in the main hull. They are illuminated with a combination of LEDs and Fiber Optics

dave

***** Tap-dancing-******. :eek

That is, hands down, a work of art.

The nicest I've ever seen. Well done. Inspiring.

I am giddy with glee at the sight of it. :lol

Beautiful. The lit phasers is a great little addition. I see you opted for all the tiny LED's around the docking ports and gangaway, too. Very nice, those F/X guy's do incredible work. I spoke with them once about a year ago right as they started to tool up to doing these builds on commission. They had a few copies on e-bay but this is one is one of the best I've seen. Post more pics when you get her.

I'm flabbergasted. That is an amazing representation of the most beautiful spacecraft to ever grace the silver screen. If mine turns out even half as nice I'll be happy.

thanks everyone ..

i'll snap some different angle pictures when it arrives and i have it set up...

and I *CAN* tell you the maker was the FX Company www.thefxcompany.com and they take commissions all the time.. prices start at $1K for an NX enterprise and go up from there... John is the owner and is a great communicator, and as you can tell, does some fantastic work ..

dave

Originally posted by REL@Apr 10 2006, 09:37 PM
Holy turkey sandwiches that looks sweet. John is awesome, I can't wait to see his build up of my kit.
[snapback]1223844[/snapback]​

you AND ME BOTH buddy....

looks like i'll be selling off bodily fluids to add your ship to my growing collection .. LOL

dave

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back