13 Ghosts Arcanum

SATELLITE74

Just finished this, big thanks to J.C. Porcel at Elderprops for drawing and kindly making available 25 main pages. I did 70+ more and printed about 270 pages in all.
The cover plate is made from photo etched stainless steel and the book is bound in leather.
IMG_8127.JPGIMG_8128.JPGIMG_8131.JPGIMG_8129.JPGIMG_8134.JPG

I believe the other replica had many duplicated pages. The 70+ pages you said you did.....these are NEW pages ?
If it has more pages and less filler.....that would be very nice indeed.

Last edited:
I believe the other replica had extensive duplicated pages. The 70+ pages you said you did.....these are NEW pages ?
I did 70 new pages and then tweaked them about a little, like shifting text blocks etc. so there are duplicates in the book but
not so many as to look too obvious.

70 NEW pages is a definite improvement. And the way you did the others at least looks less duplicated.

Last edited:
I believe the other replica had many duplicated pages. The 70+ pages you said you did.....these are NEW pages ?

I spoke with the fellow that created the original artwork used in the screen used piece, as well as the fellow that bound them. They both verified that it was the 13 ghost plates, with another dozen other plates of which were repeated throughout.

With that said, outstanding work on the etching.

I spoke with the fellow that created the original artwork used in the screen used piece, as well as the fellow that bound them. They both verified that it was the 13 ghost plates, with another dozen other plates of which were repeated throughout.

Yes, it's a tradeoff. Non-canon extra pages make it less authentic to the prop.....and yet, more authentic to what an actual BOOK would be. An actual book would not be just the same pages repeated over and over. I like the idea of the new 70 pages.

I thought that there were lots of duplicates in the prop book, you can kind of see this in the film. I wanted to do a bit more variation even though it may not be screen accurate because of this, I also haven't added the constellations to the ghost pages as I'm not sure if I like them, and they look to have been added after the book was printed (in the film history). I can 't really take the claim for the etching I did the artwork but the job was done professionally and it wasn't cheap!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back