12th Doctor Regeneration Halloween Costume

Doctor Octoroc

Sr Member
I had some solid plans for a 12th Doctor's costume this year but the jacket fell through at the last minute. I even bought the red lining to replace the lining of an existing jacket that I expected not to be so hard to find...no one carried blue coats anymore! So that was a bummer, but seeing as I had already bleached my hair for the deal, I wasn't going to give up, so I managed to throw together a newly regenerated 12th Doctor's costume from my existing wardrobe (and of course the addition of kurosawa's amazing 11th/12th Doctor's sonic screwdriver conversion). Nothing is screen accurate or hand made (except for the sonic), but given the circumstances, I think I did pretty well!

IMG_4652.JPG

To be honest, I had already been dressing 11th-Doctor-y since Matt Smith started wearing the purple frock coat, but I wasn't exactly putting together an 11th Doctor costume - just dressing...Doctor-y for formal occasions. I contemplated carrying around a bow tie to drop on the ground everywhere I went, but aside from that scene being almost as sad as Tennant's "I don't want to go" line, I didn't want to muck up one of my fancy bow ties haha.

My girlfriend reprized her Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop) costume from last year even though she was supposed to be Clara but I had no complaints. She made that herself from scratch, including the hairband. I helped with the suspenders AND bought her the thigh-highs. The real beauty of a Doctor costume is that roughly half of the other characters you'll run into could feasibly be part of the Doctor Who universe, Faye Valentine included!

My only real complaint with my last minute 12th Doctor costume is that the grey wash I used on my hair didn't turn out grey enough...that and my unforgiving hair line.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back