12th Doctor Costume Variants - Outfit additions + Evolution

Tommyd987

Hey Guys, just thought i'd start up this thread for anyone to post or share their 12th Doctor cosplays and the variants, starting off is a variant i've been working on for a short while now which is this, the 12th Doctor from 'The Caretaker'.

pcapscaretaker.jpg
"I'm the Caretaker, look I've got a brush."

I've also been working on some series 9 costumes, but for now i'll just post this quick pic i took today, I'll take some proper photos in the future.

IMG_2971.JPG

I'll keep this thread updated with all my newer Capaldi Costumes, as appose to new threads each time, and i'd really love if you guys could share some of your 12th Doctor endeavours too! Thanks for reading :)

I noticed that Capaldi's Label Lab t-shirt seems rather loose. Does anyone know how the sizes work for this? The pics on their site show them pretty form fitting, would you recommend ordering a size larger for the capaldi look?

I noticed that Capaldi's Label Lab t-shirt seems rather loose. Does anyone know how the sizes work for this? The pics on their site show them pretty form fitting, would you recommend ordering a size larger for the capaldi look?

I would find your "true fit" and then go a size up.

Thanks. I was just wondering becuase the models for the shirts all have them fitting fairly snug. Capaldi on the other hand has the shirt loose with another shirt underneath it seems. I know he's a skinny guy.... so it's hard to tell.

Thanks. I was just wondering becuase the models for the shirts all have them fitting fairly snug. Capaldi on the other hand has the shirt loose with another shirt underneath it seems. I know he's a skinny guy.... so it's hard to tell.
I had the same dilemma. Good luck trying to find the shirts! They seem to have disappeared from existence. I am in the process of trying to get the misty mountain shirt printed, but it's not easy as I don't own the design.

I had the same dilemma. Good luck trying to find the shirts! They seem to have disappeared from existence. I am in the process of trying to get the misty mountain shirt printed, but it's not easy as I don't own the design.
Even if I can't find the misty mountain shirt, I'm okay with a close enough from Label lab.... many of their shirts have the same look and feel of the capaldi one..... though hard to get in the US. Thanks for the help

I normally wear a medium in shirts but not sure what i'd wear if I wanted the capaldi look…

This is my question as well, have a medium coming after I passed up a large...hope it's right... Capaldi's Misty Mountains one to me looks almost stretched with age vs. just being larger but I could be wrong.

So, I love Capaldi's new casual look. I'm not married to the "misty mountain" shirt, etc but I LOVE the style of Label Lab. I reckon I can order similar styles/designs and get the same affect.
My issue is, I'm on the wrong side of the pond.... it's a bit hard to justify paying that much (exchange rate plus shipping) for just a t shirt. Has anyone sourced a decent "close enough" T shirt company that's in the same vein as the Label Lab ones that is in the US?

So, I love Capaldi's new casual look. I'm not married to the "misty mountain" shirt, etc but I LOVE the style of Label Lab. I reckon I can order similar styles/designs and get the same affect.
My issue is, I'm on the wrong side of the pond.... it's a bit hard to justify paying that much (exchange rate plus shipping) for just a t shirt. Has anyone sourced a decent "close enough" T shirt company that's in the same vein as the Label Lab ones that is in the US?
There's a Misty Mountain replica on Redbubble, if you'd be interested in going that route. It isn't perfect, but considering it will mostly be covered by the hoodie, I'd say it's a very good "close enough."

Very cool! Would you mind letting us know what etsy page? hahaha or a PM could work!;) (Unless, of course, they were the only pair.)

Yeah they were the only pair, a little big for me but think I can make them work. :) They were listed as "1960s mens gray, blue plaid Hagar golf pants" if it helps at all.

Yeah they were the only pair, a little big for me but think I can make them work. :) They were listed as "1960s mens gray, blue plaid Hagar golf pants" if it helps at all.

Those are great!!

I've noticed a lot of the pants out there that might work are usually Golf pants.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a Misty Mountain replica on Redbubble, if you'd be interested in going that route. It isn't perfect, but considering it will mostly be covered by the hoodie, I'd say it's a very good "close enough."

That's awesome! Thank you!!! Found it on red bubble! Does anyone know if it's a soft "vintage" style fabric or if it's the thick cotton Gildan type? Probably going to order this asap....

For any that are interested.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/05j..._color=silver&size=large&print_location=front

Last edited:
Those are great!!

I've noticed a lot of the pants out there that might work are usually Golf pants.

- - - Updated - - -

That's awesome! Thank you!!! Found it on red bubble! Does anyone know if it's a soft "vintage" style fabric or if it's the thick cotton Gildan type? Probably going to order this asap....

For any that are interested.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/05j..._color=silver&size=large&print_location=front
I actually own the shirt sold on Redbubble, if you'd like I could take some photos and post them! As for the fabric, it a very soft, high quality t-shirt fabric, it's pretty thin and has a fair amount of elasticity to it, it doesn't feel like it will fall apart any time soon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back