11th doctor sonic screwdriver mod

Heatley2001

I'm trying to mod my 11th doctor sonic screwdriver but im having trouble doing so. I can't get it to flick out like it should. It either pops open by it self or won't pop open at all. I was hoping there was a way to make it flick without taking parts out of it.

Also I'm trying to make the sounds activate while it's extended. I'm trying to do that without out taking parts out and having to drill holes in it.

Would any of ttthibe possible? Does anyone have a step by step instructions? Any help would be great. Thank you.

If there is another post like this I'm sorry for posting it again.

I had to remove the spring to get mine to flick out. As far as the sound when extended I just reach my finger up and hit the exposed button.

ive seen a video where someone used tape to make it pop open some then flick it open. But the video wasn't clear enough to see where the tape was placed and how far up.

it also showed on the handle where to poke a hole for a button to make it have sound while extended. but again it was blurry and i didn't quite see where.

Hey everyone I have finished my 11th doctor sonic screwdriver mod. I was able to make it flick out and make sounds while extended without taking things out of it.

For the flicking action I took it apart like you would to get to the batteries. I wrapped some scotch tape around the middle about 1 and 1 1/2 times. It still can lock into place until you press the release button then flick it out.

For the sounds while extended I poked a hole in the handle where the stitching looks like a X. I then used the middle part of a q tip. You will have to play around with cutting the q tip middle until you find the right hight you are looking for. I then placed the q tip bit in the hole. I used a piece of electrical tape to wrap around the handle and new button until I can find a piece of leather to wrap around the handle. But electrical tape still looks pretty good.

Hope my steps helps with anyone wanting to do this mod.

Quick update. If you wrap the electrical tape to tight around the handle and new button it will hold the button down and won't turn off. So you will want to wrap kinda loosely.

Ah the flicking open. That's all down to Matt isn't it. It wasn't supposed to do that. Originally it was to be gripped to pull open & pointed like the Americans hold their torches/flashlights. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back