11th Doctor blue bowties / series 6 costume discussion

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If anyone can capture screen shots from the 6th Series Blu-Ray, please help out - I'm trying to find high-res images showing the two distinctive BLUE colored bowties Smith wears during the 6th series.
The first one we see is the future Doctor that gets shot in TIA, this blue bowtie has a very subtle pattern.
The other blue bowtie has a cross like pattern on it that is stitched in I think.
Id like to see Magnoli offer replicas of these bowties...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 11th Doctor blue bowties...

@GeneralFROSTY Indy is going to be making the interlocking "I" tie, but he has a bunch of other projects in the queue ahead of it. I recently saw a very high-res photo of it that showed that the pattern is actually stitched into the fabric. I'll have a look for where I saw it.

@thorney what do you mean by you have "art work drawn by the company?" what company?

What about the 'other' blue bowtie he wears?
I can't seem to find pics of it and don't have the ability to rip screen grabs from my bluray.

While we're talking 11th costuming, any sources for those shiny skinny jeans Smith wears? I think they are called "waxed" or "coated" jeans - which gives it that shine. Maybe there is a close-enough alternative out there that is readily available?

The originals are still available in some sizes for an exorbitant price.

While we're talking 11th costuming, any sources for those shiny skinny jeans Smith wears? I think they are called "waxed" or "coated" jeans - which gives it that shine. Maybe there is a close-enough alternative out there that is readily available?

The jeans are G Star Raw Blade Slim in Spark Denim (the color)

Unfortunately, the sources are pretty dried up on these. You can get other colors pretty easily still, but the waxed ones are pretty darn unreachable. Hopefully someone lets some go from a backstock soon.

I picked up a pair in a color called "vintage aged" off of Zappos just in case I can't get the right color I'll have the right style. Still looking though.

Technically we don't know for sure that that is the exact style and colorway that Matt wears because there are a lot of differences in the branding to that specific style in comparison to the ones on the show. It's possible it is the correct style and they were heavily modified (that does work) but it is also possible that they are from a season or 2 before the Blade Slim Spark.

Also in the latest Xmas episode it appears he is wearing the G-Star Blade Slims in the Crushed Black colorway which still has a bit of a shine to it but isn't waxed. You might be able to find those online as well.

The originals are still available in some sizes for an exorbitant price.

Links?
I also found these - I believe these are the ones said to be worn in the latest Xmas special:
G-Star Blade Slim Foil Denim - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
I hate having to buy clothing online as Id prefer to see fabric with my own eyes. I think that shine is what really makes the jeans stand out.
If anyone has this pair, please share some photos in different lighting conditions to better illustrate how they look in person.

Links?
I also found these - I believe these are the ones said to be worn in the latest Xmas special:
G-Star Blade Slim Foil Denim - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
I hate having to buy clothing online as Id prefer to see fabric with my own eyes. I think that shine is what really makes the jeans stand out.
If anyone has this pair, please share some photos in different lighting conditions to better illustrate how they look in person.

Those are the crushed black I was referring to. I'm pretty sure these are the ones he is wearing in "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe." I have a pair at home, but I'm at work at the moment.

Those are the crushed black I was referring to. I'm pretty sure these are the ones he is wearing in "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe." I have a pair at home, but I'm at work at the moment.

Can you ask your boss if you can clock out and go home to take some pics for me:lol
Tell them you have a "Doctors appointment".

Thanks for the link.
I will prob end up getting the crushed black ones. The design looks good and if they have a little shine, that should be enough to stand out. Wish there was a way to wax them at home. I believe the process has to be done to the raw fabric prior to construction.

I am lucky to have found the spark denim but it not the colour, it is the design. The crushed black is exactly the same design, back buckle and everything. So go for them.

Does anyone have the Abbyshot jacket yet? I've had mine on preorder for a while (just waiting for my size to come in stock) I have to go with the medium and hope to have it altered since Abbyshot made the odd decision to make odd, inbetween sizes for some unknown reason.

He is wearing the spark denim version. He only wore the crushed black pair in A Christmas Carol and TiA/DotM. All other pairs worn in further episodes are the spark denim version. I have them and they do not look as waxy as they seem.

Nope sorry Thorneyboy, but that is incorrect. I have both Crushed Black and the Vintage Aged Spark they are very different and the pics below show that he wore the waxy vintage aged spark denim in A Christmas Carol and TIA/DOTM and the crushed black in TDWW

A Christmas Carol:
ScreenShot2012-01-04at50032PM.png

The Impossible Astronaut:
5614097046_9cec90375e_o.jpg

The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe:
ScreenShot2012-01-04at45745PM.png

There is also a third variation that of G-Stars worn in The Girl Who Waited with no buckle in the back:
ScreenShot2012-01-04at50710PM.png

Maybe we will get lucky and he will continue to wear the crushed black versions for series 7 since they are still available.

Considering the timing etc they probably bought the crushed black around the same time we were all buying ours since the exact style/colorway worn in the rest of series 6 were no longer available.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back