11th Doctor 2012 Christmas Special WIP

What about this one I took at the DWE a week or so ago....
View attachment 263252

Sorry for for it being sideways......uploaded from my phone

I think it def used somewhere. Here is a close up if the fob in a promo pic

image.jpg

Notice the same colouring around the edge and same pattern in the centre...thoughts???

Well we still need the other side which is actually what you would use to identify it. The flower is a generic backing to what is probably a St. Christopher or boxing medallion. Also this is definitely a vintage found item so the best you're ever going to find most likely is a close enough.

Also this is definitely a vintage found item so the best you're ever going to find most likely is a close enough.

I would tend to agree with this, based on the hours I spent searching online for this a couple months ago - nothing new has surfaced that would change my search parameters. Maybe scavengers in UK resale shops will have better luck than those of us relying on ebay and google.

So, how much of the sewing online trim would I need to order for one waistcoat?
I was thinking three meters would do it, but I'd rather avoid ordering too little.

Last edited:
The sewing online stuff is sold in a long reel of the stuff, like 10 yards/meters I think. It SHOULD be enough to do the waistcoat and coat.

Yeah, I thought it was $12 something per meter! I was happily surprised to find out that it was for 12.5M I'm looking forward to, (and not...) re-doing the trim on my coat. I'm terribly afraid that I might have made my coat a couple inches too short... oh well, that part, I don't plan to fix unless it REALLY starts to get to me... I bought some nice wool and had to dye it to color. So, matching the color again would be tons of fun... we shall see...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back