$10 Wal-mart Plasmacaster

spankygnarkill

Howdy all! I've figured I'd show off my plasmacaster, made with a kids toy from walmart. Can't hardly tell its a kids toy anymore, except that its really light weight

Anyway I went from this:
IMG_2120.jpg

(sorry, I forgot to take a before picture I was so eager to get started!)

To this:
IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

(first two with flash, second two without flash)
You can see the places where I glue'd foamies to the rough parts, but with a little refining I can get them worked into looking like they are natural!
thanks for looking!

Dave

Glad to see someone else doing a wal-mart plasma cannon. I made mine from a toy gun as well. By the looks of the cannon you'd have a very steam punk style pred if you were to do the suit to match. Nice job.

Bravo!

Frugal - Creative - Quick - and most important of all Effective.

I've been eyeballing a lof of my kids broken oversized squirt guns for parts as well. Chop - hotglue and paint - Bam!

Cathat

Bravo!

Frugal - Creative - Quick - and most important of all Effective.

I've been eyeballing a lof of my kids broken oversized squirt guns for parts as well. Chop - hotglue and paint - Bam!

Cathat

haha tru thts a gud idea..... IMO i would recamend super soakers if thts affordable ... ( not the big ones)

I would've never guess it came from a toy, the paint job is great. Care to share some intel with a newbie? I'm F+ in weathering and buffing.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back