10 potentially great sci-fi movies coming in 2012

I wonder what the hit ratio will be.

There are only 2 films on there that I think will have a chance

Looks like it could be a good year for science-fiction fans who are getting tired of seeing major cities trashed. I may go to the movies more than once or twice a year if this keeps up.

Last edited:
Im excited about Prometheus (Ridley Scott never lets me down), Cloud Atlas (Wachowski bros never let me down either), and Total Recall (Phillip K Dick is genius).

Will probably see the others as well, but John Carter looks terrible.

Lockout really does sound like Escape From LA in space. Can't say many of them catch my interest, I think i'll be buying more older movies again this year. Prometheus might be good, Total Recall looks good visually so let's hope it lives up to it. Ironsky and Cosmonaut might be good since they're not backed by meddling big studios.

The problem with The Cosmonaut is that it's influenced by Solaria. Solaria at 90 minutes to me is a snorefest, and is as action packed as The Matrix compared to the original 3 1/2 hour Russian version, which takes them 2 hours just to get into space.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back