$10 Gauntlets!

knuckledragger

Here it is people... I made this gauntlet for under $10 (yours may cost a tad more if you decide to do the liquid latex stage)....

Materials needed:
Pringles Can
Glue (I used super glue to give a quick tight hold)
Foamies (craft foam sheets)
Some sort of 1" thick packing or upholstery foam...
thick plastic (I used the lid of one of those little storage boxes from dollar store)
Liquid Latex *optional*
Hammered Silver Paint

Step #1
Cut Pringles can in half and cut the metal bottom off can
DSC_0430.jpg

Step #2
Glue 1" thick foam to top of Pringles can. *make sure you size the opening of can around your forearm before you glue foam down*. The glue a 2nd piece of foam on top of the 1st piece to make the top of the gaunt higher in the back.
DSC_0432.jpg

Step #3
Wrap and glue foamies around the can and foam. (leave the top open so you can install blades).
DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

Step #4
Cut to slits in foam and glue in blades. (I found my blade templates on the Lair and used the plastic box lid).
DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

Step #5
Glue on foamie to the top of gaunt to cover foam & blades.
DSC_0429.jpg

Step #6
Cut out some shapes from foamies and glue them on guant. (use your imagination or copy an actual Pred guant)
DSC_0434.jpg

Step #7 (optional)
I coated my gauntlet with liquid latex to seal it up and give it a rubbery texture.
DSC_0435.jpg

Step #8
Spray paint it silver. (I used Rustoleum Hammered Silver but you can use what paint you want).

FINAL PRODUCT
DSC_0446.jpg

I am working on the Computer Gauntlet now which is the same process only squared of on top.

DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

Wow ..looking very good. Great post ..lets all those out there on a budget know that quality items can be made with a little imagination and a can of Pringles :D
Awesome ..keep us posted

Wow ..looking very good. Great post ..lets all those out there on a budget know that quality items can be made with a little imagination and a can of Pringles :D
Awesome ..keep us posted

Thanks brutha... I actually have gaunts but these are for my old lady who is going as a female huntress this Halloween... I was throwin' down some chips and a beer on the couch and had a vision... lol.

But yes I didn't go hungry during the making of this exclusive Huntorial... haha.

Damn that looks pretty good too good job bro.

Thanks brutha... really simple to make and great for those on a budget! The liquid latex makes them pop. I would suggest whoever makes them buy a small bottle off ebay or from monstermakers so coat them... gives them depth, texture, and seals up all the areas where the foamies don't touch together...

Fabulous gaunt on the fly huntorial... Shoot, and a couple snap-tite kits for detail parts and a pocket for a touch screen phone if you have one for the 13.50 budget build... Great job!!

these look great but you could give them a more pitted look by mixing pva, water and fine sand (two parts pva to one part water plus a table spoon full of sand)
this gives the surface a pitted, worn look. Then paint with acylic silver allow to dry then paint with watered down black acrylic. the wash gets into all the nooks and pits and gives it a really ancient look. finally sparay with clear lacquer. try it on your next one you make you will see a real difference!

these look great but you could give them a more pitted look by mixing pva, water and fine sand (two parts pva to one part water plus a table spoon full of sand)
this gives the surface a pitted, worn look. Then paint with acylic silver allow to dry then paint with watered down black acrylic. the wash gets into all the nooks and pits and gives it a really ancient look. finally sparay with clear lacquer. try it on your next one you make you will see a real difference!

great tip thanks!

XD THat is what I did! lol Pringales cans rock!
Mine involved a plastic box/case thing though...and the blades were loooong. lol

Here it is people... I made this gauntlet for under $10 (yours may cost a tad more if you decide to do the liquid latex stage)....

Materials needed:
Pringles Can
Glue (I used super glue to give a quick tight hold)
Foamies (craft foam sheets)
Some sort of 1" thick packing or upholstery foam...
thick plastic (I used the lid of one of those little storage boxes from dollar store)
Liquid Latex *optional*
Hammered Silver Paint

Step #1
Cut Pringles can in half and cut the metal bottom off can
DSC_0430.jpg

Step #2
Glue 1" thick foam to top of Pringles can. *make sure you size the opening of can around your forearm before you glue foam down*. The glue a 2nd piece of foam on top of the 1st piece to make the top of the gaunt higher in the back.
DSC_0432.jpg

Step #3
Wrap and glue foamies around the can and foam. (leave the top open so you can install blades).
DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

Step #4
Cut to slits in foam and glue in blades. (I found my blade templates on the Lair and used the plastic box lid).
DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

Step #5
Glue on foamie to the top of gaunt to cover foam & blades.
DSC_0429.jpg

Step #6
Cut out some shapes from foamies and glue them on guant. (use your imagination or copy an actual Pred guant)
DSC_0434.jpg

Step #7 (optional)
I coated my gauntlet with liquid latex to seal it up and give it a rubbery texture.
DSC_0435.jpg

Step #8
Spray paint it silver. (I used Rustoleum Hammered Silver but you can use what paint you want).

FINAL PRODUCT
DSC_0446.jpg

I am working on the Computer Gauntlet now which is the same process only squared of on top.
o thanks this will help me much looks gd

DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back