$10 Gauntlets!

these look great but you could give them a more pitted look by mixing pva, water and fine sand (two parts pva to one part water plus a table spoon full of sand)
this gives the surface a pitted, worn look. Then paint with acylic silver allow to dry then paint with watered down black acrylic. the wash gets into all the nooks and pits and gives it a really ancient look. finally sparay with clear lacquer. try it on your next one you make you will see a real difference!
another idea is to apply your latex with a sponge, dabbing it on, will give a more beaten and worn look. you can even color the latex by mixing in a little acrylic paint, and yes you can get acrylic silver. brilliant tutorial!

very nice huntorial! i have my first con coming up and i just might use this for my gaunts i need for it...XD
Thanks. They will be perfect to get you through your 1st con. They are very legitimate looking, especially if you weather the paint and add some odds and ends to simulate wires, bolts, etc.... Post a pic in this thread and show us how they turn out!!!

Thanks for this a lot! =D I was looking into redoing my gaunts and you gave me the perfect idea =D thanks!!
:lol:

Thank you. I'll try it.
Post a pic in this thread of the final product!!!

Where can I get foamies? Home Depot? Lowe's? WalMart? Shipmate924
I bought mine in a huge roll from Michaels Craft Store. Any craft store will do. Walmart might have them not sure. Sometimes they come in like 10 x 12 inch sheets in every color under the sun... A roll gets you farther though... I think its actually called "sheet craft foam"...

another idea is to apply your latex with a sponge, dabbing it on, will give a more beaten and worn look. you can even color the latex by mixing in a little acrylic paint, and yes you can get acrylic silver. brilliant tutorial!

thanks bud. Yes you can take this process to a whole nother level with a little time and patience... I was in a hurry and just painted them hammered silver... But all the costume armor was the same paint so its all I needed. A little weathering would look great!

Very awesome, ive been looking for a good way to make these quickly withought them being lame. That looks really cool! Thanks for the tutorial and im off to walmart

Awesome work man, BTW can you please point me to where you found the templates for the blades I have been looking and using the "search" button but I cant seem to find them. Thank you.

Awesome work man, BTW can you please point me to where you found the templates for the blades I have been looking and using the "search" button but I cant seem to find them. Thank you.

search button "templates" - actual name of post is AVP armor templates.

Interesting approach however that wouldn't work for me at all I have big hands I cant even reach inside a Pringles can to half the chips LOL, ain't no way I would be able to use it as a gauntlet lol.

Now we just need to find a idea for a bigger can because I know I can'nt get my big arm through a pringles can, I can barely get my hand in it to get chips out.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back