10 feet of pvc, and 2 days later

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by LogansRunner, Jul 1, 2006.

1. LogansRunner

LogansRunner Well-Known Member

Ok, long story short, I have been bored for the last 2 and a half days, and I wanted to take a break from X-Men stuff, so I decided to go back to this Darth Sidious saber. I literally threw out the wax acrilic one, and decided that the chrome pipe wasn't worth the work, I was going to polish that up for the chromed version. Anyways, I bought 10ft of pvc because the cheaper stuff was too thin, and it was $2 for like an 8 inch pipe so I figured its not worth the trouble and just bought the thicker 10ft pipe, plus it was less than $5 for that huge piece, how can I resist? :p
    Anyways, here is my nearly finished version of the saber, I went for the V2 version, which is in the this weapon is your life webdoc I believe. This pic isn't that great as it is completely dark out so I had to use flash.. I'll try to get some better pics up tomorrow after I resand it then repaint it.. again. :p
    EDIT: the emitter section was already machined from my previous attempt.
    [​IMG]

2. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Looks pretty cool.

3. LogansRunner

LogansRunner Well-Known Member

Thanks, the bottom button has to be repainted to be a redish color, but I'll add that after it's sanded and repainted. I also have to color the other LED, I believe the left one is supposed to be green, at the time when I made those I used red acrilic, I'm thinking green nail paint might do the trick.

4. Atin_TX6203

Atin_TX6203 New Member

Im no expert, but that looks really nice, great work, I can only hope I will be able to create props as well one day. :)