10 Famous Movie Misquotes

Except the "Beam me up, Scotty" misquote did not start in 1986 with The Voyage Home. That has been around every since the original series.

wow i read this as "mosquitoes" HAHAHA I see misquotes on FB all the time and it just gets to me lol. Misquoting Back to the Future or Star Wars is what really grinds my gears LOL. I grew up watching all 3 SW's and all 3 BTTF's knowing every scene by heart by age 8. I even have to prove to people that they're wrong about movie lines, sometimes going as far as quoting an entire scene (or more) HAHA!

In ST:IV Kirk does NOT say "Scotty, beam US up"...

He actually says "Scotty, beam ME up."

The quoted misquote has been misquoted! (Where's that rotflmao smiley? :lol)

Kevin

"Come up and see me sometime" is a misquote that belongs on the list, but I forget the real one. :lol

1) What's the point of making a video if you don't use the actual movie clips you're talking about? This could easily have been just a list on a webpage somewhere.

2) Who in the hell ever messed up "Fly, you fools!"? That one was actually a surprise to me.

1) What's the point of making a video if you don't use the actual movie clips you're talking about? This could easily have been just a list on a webpage somewhere.

2) Who in the hell ever messed up "Fly, you fools!"? That one was actually a surprise to me.

Agreed on both counts. People make videos because they can, but often that isn't the best medium for the project.

I noticed that channel is just set up like that. Bit annoying but heh. Beats a slideshow of images with annoying free-ware music uploaded on youtube!... :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back