10 Famous Movie Misquotes

Laspector

Master Member
Except the "Beam me up, Scotty" misquote did not start in 1986 with The Voyage Home. That has been around every since the original series.

JLeezy23

Sr Member
wow i read this as "mosquitoes" HAHAHA I see misquotes on FB all the time and it just gets to me lol. Misquoting Back to the Future or Star Wars is what really grinds my gears LOL. I grew up watching all 3 SW's and all 3 BTTF's knowing every scene by heart by age 8. I even have to prove to people that they're wrong about movie lines, sometimes going as far as quoting an entire scene (or more) HAHA!

SSgt Burton

Sr Member
In ST:IV Kirk does NOT say "Scotty, beam US up"...

He actually says "Scotty, beam ME up."

The quoted misquote has been misquoted! (Where's that rotflmao smiley? :lol)

Kevin

Treadwell

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
"Come up and see me sometime" is a misquote that belongs on the list, but I forget the real one. :lol

Jedi2016

Sr Member
1) What's the point of making a video if you don't use the actual movie clips you're talking about? This could easily have been just a list on a webpage somewhere.

2) Who in the hell ever messed up "Fly, you fools!"? That one was actually a surprise to me.

Treadwell

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
1) What's the point of making a video if you don't use the actual movie clips you're talking about? This could easily have been just a list on a webpage somewhere.

2) Who in the hell ever messed up "Fly, you fools!"? That one was actually a surprise to me.

Agreed on both counts. People make videos because they can, but often that isn't the best medium for the project.

Ronan87

Sr Member

I noticed that channel is just set up like that. Bit annoying but heh. Beats a slideshow of images with annoying free-ware music uploaded on youtube!... :lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.