10 Days to make this Riddler Cane

TheGallery

Hey guys, I'm really a lurker here but I'm putting together a Riddler outfit for Halloween pretty much based on the Batman: Arkham City Riddler. I have an idea of what I want to do for the clothes, but my real difficulty is the cane. I desperately want to make it though, although I have NO experience at all in prop making or anything. I figured this would be the place to ask :D Any tips or suggestions on how to achieve this by Halloween would be amazing. Thanks guys.

Arkhamized-Riddler.jpg

I'd say if you are just doing it for a halloween party then do the shaft out of pvc and the "?" out of cardboard.

PVC pipe around 0.75"-1.25" sizes should work and shoudl nest within one another. The square dot at the base of the ? can be made of cardboard as well. Hot glue the cardboard pieces together and paint.

You could take it a step further. The interior green part of the ? looks a lot like a stucco finish. You could take bondo and a few thin uneven layers on it and do a light sanding. This will give it that appearance.

Good luck, and post pictures

Q: How accurate do you want it?

If it's just for a party and has to sort'a kind'a look like this, or do you want it dead nuts on?

I mean, I would like it pretty accurate. It doesn't need to be EXACLTY this, but I'd look it to be close. This is a picture of someone who replicated it perfectly, only they made it gold instead of green like in the game. I mean, I'd probably use this cosplay in the future so I don't want it to just be some cheap flimsy little thing, you know?

arkham_city_riddler_cane_by_astraywarrior-d487w6f.jpg

I'd say if you are just doing it for a halloween party then do the shaft out of pvc and the "?" out of cardboard.

PVC pipe around 0.75"-1.25" sizes should work and shoudl nest within one another. The square dot at the base of the ? can be made of cardboard as well. Hot glue the cardboard pieces together and paint.

You could take it a step further. The interior green part of the ? looks a lot like a stucco finish. You could take bondo and a few thin uneven layers on it and do a light sanding. This will give it that appearance.

Good luck, and post pictures

I think the only issues I have with this is that I wouldn't really be able to hold it by the "?" if it was cardboard, you know? It'd be a show piece. Also, where would I get PVC pipe? And what's bondo?

take a trip down to home depot or lowes, you could use either pvc pipe or wooden dowels, along with some glue, thing paint stick type pieces of wood for the outline of the ?.. just wander around and youll find all kinds of things you could use.

Here's some ideas for quick, solid and acurate...

Go here for the cane, while your there pick up some wood glue...

Go here and get the correct S or number 5 with the font that matches what you need.

Glue togeather, add a little green glitter...:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back