10 Cloverfield Lane (Post-release)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by DarkKnight, May 7, 2012.

1. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Sr Member

I thought they were going to do another film with different perspectives and filmed like a real movie. I think they should have released 2 versions the camcorder one and regular for people who get motion sickness

2. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Re: wasnt there a Cloverfield sequel coming?

There was supposive talk about it. Director claimed that he liked the idea of having it involve another point of view of another person surviving the chaos of the attack, citing the bridge scene where you see another person aiming a video camera in the direction of the main characters while they're filming the crossing.

3. Polsnulspace

Polsnulspace Sr Member

Thought the first was great fun and I'd welcome a sequel.....though I am not sure how they could pull it off. A even bigger mummy beasty coming to find out what happened to her beasty child? Hmmmmmm???:confused I think I'd prefer this to an alternative point of view-cam approach!

And anyhoo.....what is happening with the new Godzilla flick that is supposed to be happening?

4. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

10 Cloverfield Lane Trailer: Is This Cloverfield 2?

I don't remember the last time when the audience was totally surprised by the existence of a trailer. I miss that theatre experience.

Whatever people might feel about the first Cloverfield movie (I liked it), it's hard to deny that this approach of marketing is so rare and rewarding.

crabra comander and Larry T like this.
  5. Vivek

cloverfield 2 - YouTube

Official version might go up later tonight.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  6. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

It looks like a good set up for a post-apocalyptic movie but not sure about one with aliens. Hopefully they explain the backstory and don't just randomly skip ahead in time without filling in the gaps. This one I may watch, the other was un-watchable to me thanks to the shakycam crap.

Riceball likes this.
  7. Gimpdiggity

Gimpdiggity Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

8. SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

wow right out of left field just like the original. how in this day and age can a movie be filmed and no one not now about it.

9. Lord Boron

Lord Boron Sr Member

Sounds like the entire movie is a few people in this one location so that makes it a lot easier to keep under wraps. It was known this was being made, but it wasn't know that it was related to Cloverfield. It had a working title of "The Cellar". Guess sort of a Blue Harvest thing...

10. Vivek

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    Riceball likes this.
  11. Krull

Krull Sr Member

Hn....okay that might be good,I did enjoy the first movie a lot kinda an American Godzilla.

12. Vivek

Poster.

[​IMG]

13. Father

Father Sr Member

Holy crap. I did read the same thing everyone else did right? March... of this year? How did this stay under the radar?

Is that when it's coming out to theaters or is it a teaser with a trailer release date of March 2016?

There's barely any information about this movie on IMDb

I really like Mary Elizabeth Winstead... mainly from The Thing, And John Goodman? This could be pretty good.

I should probably watch the first one again. I didn't think much of the handycam POV style of filming but I don't remember totally hating it. Just the guy actually taking the video. But he's been in quite a few movies since then and he's sort of grown on me. So I might be able to tolerate him more now.

14. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

I am SO on board for this.

15. Vivek

Teaser Trailer for 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE
    It is getting released in theatres on March 11, 2016. I wrote more about this in the above article.

16. tcsmit29

tcsmit29 Well-Known Member

Re: 10 Cloverfield Lane

I am really looking forward to this as well. The trailer looks great! Who is that guy singing the Tiffany song...j/k.

B-Movie Zombie likes this.
  17. Halliwax

Halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I cannot wait !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. third3ye

third3ye Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm sold. They got rid of the found footage format and cast better actors (John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead over TJ Miller and Odette Annable any day), that in itself should already make the sorta-sequel better. The genre seems to be more horror/suspense than kaiju though, hopefully they throw in a wild massive action sequence towards the end.

I also love how Bad Robot went completely underground with this production and surprised everyone by taking the covers off less than 3 months prior to release :thumbsup

19. PoopaPapaPalps

PoopaPapaPalps Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I loathe the first movie but this one looks alright. I like stories that are more about the internal beast than the external one. Hopefully, John Goodman is in this for the entirety of the movie and not just the name actor there to lend gravitas for 15 minutes before he's killed off, and the rest of the movie is in the shadow of his performance.

Wes R likes this.
  20. Father

Father Sr Member

I really enjoyed the kaiju and I liked how you really didn't get a full view of it until toward the end.
    Before the movie came out there was A LOT of speculation about what it would look like which built it up even more for me. While I wasn't totally disappointed with how it ended up looking I kind of liked some of the conceptual/hypothetical monsters that were going around.

I hope this has a kaiju in it though and maybe explains in a little more detail how the original one ended up here.

21. NeoRutty

NeoRutty Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I want to work with Bad Robot SO BAD... They really know what gets me psyched with entertainment... even their failures are somewhat entertaining.

I liked Cloverfield, but didn't love it. Never felt like I needed to watch it again... but I remember loving how they built up the movie prior to release... and then this trailer hit and it's that feeling all over again: "What was THAT?!?... looks GREAT!"

Will it live up to the greatness of that trailer? Hope so, but even if it doesn't, that trailer was a pretty awesome surprise in a world where surprises with movies are few and far between.

22. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

The trailer makes it look like a bit of a psychological thriller on top of a horror movie with them slowly going stir crazy. Goodman is always good at playing tough but emotional characters all the way back to Dan on Roseanne.

brandomack likes this.
  23. JD

JD Master Member

Is JJ & Co. using Cloverfield as a title for an anthology title? Or do these films tie together?

24. Halliwax

i hope they tie together, alien invasion. all those subway bugs roaming the earth, yes yes yes!!!

25. Vivek

I am hoping Slusho! makes an appearance.

26. Halliwax

OMG YES!!! i totally forgot about that, gonna watch the trailer again to see if theres a soda cup or something in the back ground! gotta keep an eye out for Kelvin too!

27. Razorwing

Razorwing Active Member

I'm a fan of the first one.. love Kaiju films. Next thing we know.. the camera will be on the new monster and Gypsy Danger 2.0 comes out of nowhere. lol.

JLeezy23 likes this.
  28. DARKSIDE72

DARKSIDE72 Sr Member

What the hell is a kaiju?

29. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I hope the majority of it takes place outside of the bunker. I wanna see all the alien bogey men as possible......and lasers. Yea definitely lasers.

30. Halliwax

i bet we go the whole movie in the bunker and when the chick breaks out we bump into these guys
    [​IMG]

Riceball likes this.
  31. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

It's a giant monster such as Godzilla or the monsters from Pacific Rim.

32. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can see it being in the same universe as The Mist ...

33. Soulinertia

Soulinertia Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hmm "Monsters come in many forms"

I'm guessing Goodman is the monster in this one.

Seriously, looks more like a Misery psychological thriller type of flick. And with a reported 5mill budget I'm guessing the whole movie takes place in the bunker.

Still looking forward to it though!

Anyone here seen Pontypool? Another excellent example of a psycho thriller in a confined space where the imagination takes over!

brandomack and Knightjar like this.
  34. joshvanrad

joshvanrad Sr Member

That trailer doesn't really give me enough to have feeling about this movie, but I LOVED the first one, so I'll end up seeing this when it's out. I hope we get past the cellar and into a monster-ridden world relatively early on in the film.

35. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

36. tcsmit29

tcsmit29 Well-Known Member

Ohh..no. If that is true, I am so disappointed. :cry

37. Halliwax

so tempted to read... gotta stay spoiler free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38. joshvanrad

joshvanrad Sr Member

If that's true, this movie is ruined for me. If it looks to be true the closer we get to it's release, I'm not going to the theater to see this one.

39. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Yeah, I'm disappointed. Gotta' admit I am. While it's the kind of film I'd of watched any way, and will still watch, I was really hoping the film was something else. Frankly, I'd rather watch the film as originally created. Hopefully that gets released as part of the blueray or something.

Maybe the reshoots to connect it to Cloverfield will work, make it a better movie, it's a seemless thing and it's interesting and exciting. I hope so.

:confused

40. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

Having read the synopsis, I could see how they *could* connect it to the first film, but it'd be a stretch. It doesn't sound like anything that special. Then again, The Lion in Winter is a favorite film of mine, and it's probably 95% dialogue...

41. Lord Boron

Lord Boron Sr Member

Sound more like a semi-decent Twilight Zone episode.

Wes R likes this.
  42. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

43. B-Movie Zombie

B-Movie Zombie Sr Member

umm, I don't know how I feel. I remember a episode of "Metal Hurlant Chronicles", that sound just like this movie.

44. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Sr Member

Hm. I guess it's all just BS, then. I imagine:

The "world destroyed by nukes" was just rewritten as "world destroyed by monsters", and that's their "link" to the original film. Quick and cheap.

I'll wait for an actual sequel. Which will probably never happen after this one flops.

45. Proper

Proper Well-Known Member

I liked the first and looking forward to this one for sure.

46. Vivek

47. Halliwax

48. annanake

annanake Sr Member

Just ordered it.
    thanks for the link !
    Well gotta go, time to punch those numbers in the computer so the world doesn't end or whatever .

Halliwax likes this.
  49. Vivek

You guys can of course choose to go with any flavor, but the bottle seen specifically in the trailer is Satsuma Fizz which is yellow in color.

50. annanake

annanake Sr Member

I went for File' Root Beer and the Satsuma Fizz mtself .
    Don't forgery to add 10 Clover field Lane to your movie release dates page lol

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016