1" Grouping with Pflager Katsumata Series D - INCL PAPER PROPS

KramStaar

Sr Member
LAPD range results from Saturday:
1" grouping at 21 yards using a Pflager Katsumata Series D - II 2018 Model.
PKD supplied by: Pflager Katsumata - http://www.pflagerkatsumata.com/index.html

(..click on the image for high-res)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paper Props - as requested

(..click on the image for 300DPI 1.6MB high-res)

(..click on the image for 300DPI 2.6MB high-res)

Please note: In order to keep this download a civilized size, the target artwork is very large but its not full size

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1" Grouping with Pflager Katsumata Series D - II 2018 Model

I REALLY want a Rick Ross PKD kit, especially now that Sidkit seems to be gone.

Rimfire cartridges? Interesting!
That target is really cool too - did you do that yourself?

-Raj

Rimfire cartridges? Interesting!
That target is really cool too - did you do that yourself?

-Raj

Cheers all....

I will post the paper files for everyone soonest.

BTW, those aren't strictly Rimfire rounds. Since all this BR stuff is make believe, I found some cool looking dummy cartridges which just looked the part.

Since we wouldn't strictly know how Deckard's weapon actually worked, I like the idea that anything and everything is fair game - just so long as it looks like it should belong in that world...

Last edited:

Beautiful! Need I say that you have done a man's job KramStaar!

Excellent job KramStaar

Now I only need to pick up a few thousand rounds, in case the Zombies attack.:lol

Cheers all....

I will post the paper files for everyone soonest.

BTW, those aren't strictly Rimfire rounds. Since all this BR stuff is make believe, I found some cool looking dummy cartridges which just looked the part.

Since we wouldn't strictly know how Deckard's weapon actually worked, I like the idea that anything and everything is fair game - just so long as it looks like it should belong in that world...

I agree with this idea. Props like this help flesh out the world of a movie, even when they aren't cannon as long as they catch the spirit and feel of it. Blade Runner especially, as detailed as it is, does not have the depth of props made as much as the big boys (i.e. Star Wars and Trek). There is a lot of unshown world there.

They also very nicely help flesh out a collection. the Target will make a nice back drop to a blaster display,and the box helps add to the authenticity of the props. very nice work and I think you captured the spirit very well, at least to my tastes. :D

Thank you again,
Andy

Cheers everyone..

Andy, your involvement (Propsummit etc etc )in this genre is something we all benefit from mate and for this we the community owe you our thanks.

Strangely enough, designing these was more of a challenge than most because while the design used in the movie is strictly 'futuristic' its still basically rooted in the 1970's.. This poses quite an interesting dilemma because ALL our current design taste's have moved on and are formed by todays eye-candy and while we love BR design, its design is slightly at odds with our current expectations.

While making up these little pieces I wrestled with the issue of how futuristically retro do I go because technically speaking, the BR fonts and graphic layouts are now very cliche'd.

In the end I tried to come up with something that met - halfway - our memories of the movie experience and our current design expectations. While I'm painfully aware that had these props been designed for the movie proper, they would have looked entirely different, I hope the slightly up-to-date interpretation works comfortably with the vision of Scott, Mead et al...

That is very kind of you to say, Thank you.

I agree with some of the dated feel of BR and think that it goes along with the already retro 40's feel in the movie. It is very eclectic and some of it seems still pretty fashionable. Even still the 70's 80's stuff sticks out sometimes, but since that was my era to grow up in I appreciate that nostalgic aspect too.

The Syd Mead stuff in the movie however still feels pretty futuristic, and it contrasts as well as blends with all the other styles. In that sense it is much more realistic than other Science fiction movies that seem as they actually are, totally designed by the same person. This movie's world, like the one we live in is a combination of broad tastes and styles. BR just happened to combine a lot of my favorites into one world, including Art Deco, Mid Century Modern, Asian art, Industrial high tech, Punk, and even Victorian. Your work here captures the Industrial High Tech that was still in it's infancy when this movie was made.

Andy

Very generous of you KramStaar.

If I provided you with the accurate translation of all the text in Mandarin would you be willing to incorporate them into the graphic?

Last edited:
Hi, only 12years late lol, but any chance i could see the ammo boxes you was talking about, maybe get a free print if any are going?

Thanks Regards.
Pete.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back