1/88 Revel Slave 1

Toadmeister

Sr Member
Decided to brush on the mottled contrasting grey-green. I’m using an old Jar-Jar of Poly S that has been sitting under my workbench for over a decade. Can’t hardly read the label! I can make out “ British Interior Grey-Green” barely. A long out of production jar from Polly S.

Learning from previous experience I used different brush sizes and techniques to get the chipped and semi random look. Colors are bright and contrasting right now but will be muted and blended once I do my Archive X grime overspray.
402B27BC-535E-48F2-A674-2FD274EA307C.jpeg
3ED53E01-5E32-4F93-A794-2724F896777A.jpeg
A70D67B0-9DEC-4AF9-AE68-73981CCA1908.jpeg

Last edited:

Toadmeister

Sr Member
Laid down the misty Grime overspray. I did put it on too heavy! So I spent some time
7A7EAFD6-8494-4384-B52C-6BC62FF57632.jpeg
wet sanding with a 3600 grit sanding pad to bring back a little brilliance of the green. I than masked off and sprayed the Pullman Green shoulders with my old jar of Polly S.

The old Polly S jar airbrushed fine but dried very chalky. That’s the risk of old paint jars. It’s not terrible and certainly adds to the weathered look. I might go back and lightly touch it up with that Tamiya XF65 field Grey yet which is a close match.

Analyzer

Master Member
The skirt and fenders look perfect both color wise and weathering wise.
The darker green chipping on the side also looks perfect
Not sure about the light green/gray along the top part or the "nose". In this light it looks like it might be a tad too green? Could just be the color shift due to lighting though?

skahtul

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is looking fantastic! I am working on the exact same kit and your outline of some of the processes will really help. Thanks for posting and keep up the great work!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.