1/8 Eaglemoss BTTF Delorean WIP - Timelapse video page 2

compucrap

Have started assembly of my Eaglemoss Delorean and despite copious amounts of research two thing shocked me when the first parts arrive: 1) This thing is going to be HUGE when finished. 2) This thing is going to be HEAVY when it's finished.
View attachment 989930
View attachment 989931
View attachment 989932
View attachment 989933
View attachment 989934
View attachment 989935
View attachment 989936
Thought this was some molding flash at first but on closer look it's actually a DMC logo that is on the real car!
View attachment 989937
If you look closely on the real Delorean you'll spot the faint logo
View attachment 804291
More to come. I'll answer any questions as best as I can.

Last edited:

PHArchivist

Master Member
Re: 1/8 Eaglemoss Delorean WIP

How many issues are there total? Looked on the site, but couldn't find that.

Total cost...?

compucrap

How many issues are there total? Looked on the site, but couldn't find that.

Total cost...?
130 issues delivered in sets of 4 every month. About $12 US dollars a week after the complimentary rate but that cost includes shipping. So about $1600 which is high but its very high quality and mostly die cast parts and lights up. Finished kit is expected to weight around 25 LBS!
I gave up smoking to cover the cost. Figured it was good motivation to quit cigs and I easily spent $15 a week on them.

compucrap

So the month then is just shy of $50... Not bad...

Thanks for the insight!
Yup. Not terrible considering the quality and attention to detail. And I'm happy to share photos of the buildup for anyone who doesn't want to commit.
Its my first time doing a subscription based kit build so I was hesitant at first but so far so good. We'll see in 2 years how I feel about the experience haha

Zenman

It's a fun build, I'm 6 months into the build I think. I've been making a build video that I need to post up but just havnt had time to edit it. But here is my model so far:
Delorean.jpg

compucrap

It's a fun build, I'm 6 months into the build I think. I've been making a build video that I need to post up but just havnt had time to edit it. But here is my model so far:
View attachment 804386
Looking good! You should post your video when its edited. I've been watching Real Scoobys build on here as well. Good to see other fans building these.

Last edited:

compucrap

And I was already thinking I am the only one building this ;)
Couldn't pass it up. These will be hard to find in a few years and they are more accurate than the Hot Toys version. Plus you made it look too fun to resist. Just had to quit smoking cigarettes to cover the cost

PHArchivist

Master Member

Couldn't pass it up. These will be hard to find in a few years and they are more accurate than the Hot Toys version. Plus you made it look too fun to resist. Just had to quit smoking cigarettes to cover the cost
May have to give up beer...

compucrap

Seeing Zenmans rolling chassis got me excited to started putting together the front suspension and building onto the frame.

Each suspension assembly is made up of several metal parts.

Including a little spring

Sway arm has rubber boots along the front frame parts

All the parts attached to the front

Assembled tire. Bigger than an oreo cookie. Hubcap is a separately molded part so it has more depth than the typical one piece injection molding offerings.

A little DMC center cap pops into place cover a screw holding the tire to the hub

Cocking the tires for a beauty shot

In flight mode. Won't be using these much as I'm building the Delorean as the 1st generation plutonium time machine. (Word is the last issue includes a little plutonium case!)

compucrap

Now the build moves onto the rear wheel hubs. The main Y frame gets a rear engine cradle assembly attached to it.

Finished rear wheel hub with a penny for scale

In flight mode

In regular driving mode

The engine cradle assembly. This is made up of about 7-8 parts and add features nice detail for a non-visible part.

So the first body panel is actually in issue 2 but I'm skipping around.

You can see how thick and detailed the body panels are. The stainless steel is brushed but it's hard to photograph.

The brushing is slightly more visible in real life than in this picture. I would hazard a guess that the effect is scale accurate.

In real life the front drivers side body panel is one of the rarest Delorean parts. Legend has it that when DMC went bankrupt they had plenty of parts left over to build more Deloreans (which would eventually be bought by the new DMC in Texas.) But for whatever reason the company hadn't ordered/received all the front driver side quarter panels. Now-a-days replacements are almost impossible to find and when they do come around they command hefty prices.

Last edited:

JediMichael

Sr Member

That thing is big, bigger than I thought it would be. I think it would drive me crazy to have to wait so long for parts to be shipped over time though.

Kroenen77

Sr Member

I´m also building this.I think this will be the best DeLorean Timemachine model ever made.

compucrap

That thing is big, bigger than I thought it would be. I think it would drive me crazy to have to wait so long for parts to be shipped over time though.
Yup it is massive. I'm still a bit surprised everytime I pick up the frame. Will definitely take up some shelf space when complete.

I´m also building this.I think this will be the best DeLorean Timemachine model ever made.
Agreed. It's pretty close to the studio miniature in size and detail. Definitely blows the snap together kits out of the water!