1/72 V-Wing Airspeeder from Rogue Squadron

Analyzer

Master Member
I used to love playing this game back in the day and it introduced a cool new vehicle the Star Wars universe.
This was the vehicle you had to fly in the Mon Calamari

7bc41dd066d330e586570cac1e630136.jpg

This is what the kit is based on which I think it was how it was depicted in some of the comics

f4878105-30ad-468a-8e59-187bba60b6bf.png

computergeek came up with an excellent 3D printed kit for this vehicle which fills anther hole in my quest for a complete 1/72 collection

The parts fit together perfectly and I love the resin he used. It does not fell overly brittle and has a very smooth surface

As usual, starting off with the cockpit so I can get the canopy on and the main body part glued together

IMG_5191 (2).JPG
IMG_5190 (2).JPG

And here it is with a Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing for a size comparison

IMG_5194 (2).JPG

I might try aiming more for this look when painted ( this is someone fan art)

e64383bcdcb31.jpg

Last edited:
So I flipped to having a dark grey down the middle of the two raised areas and also shrunk down the grey to just the canopy area instead of along the whole ridge. I think I am happier with that although I am still kind of torn about the grey along the ridge

at any rate started with a bit but of weathering and detailing. Also added in some panel lines on the nose and it is hard to see but used a #80 drill bit to add in screw/rivet holes around the edges of the plating
IMG_5285 (2).JPG

IMG_5291 (2).JPG

IMG_5289 (2).JPG
IMG_5293 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Cool! I remember playing as this on the N64 back in the day. I think it was the level with the world devastator things? Could be wrong. But this is looking great!

SB

That is a sweet build! I to loved this game back in the day. Great job of paint and weathering bud.
Cheers,
Josh

Thanks!

I loved that game and used to play it on my Window 95 machine!

That was the level on the Mon Calamari world with those things those "world devastators" were sucking up the oceans (or at least that is what I think they were doing)

Nd9GcReIORNoWHUclBIbFG_rCilx40P5LEvpqQd-Q&usqp=CAU.jpg

It's funny, I remember back in the day thinking how cool the graphics were. They have not aged well though :lol:
rogue-squadron-v-wing.jpg

They were doing more than sucking up the oceans. The World Devestators were pulling up all matter they could find, including cities, and using molecular furnaces to transform the raw materials into new war machines and materiel for the Dark Empire. It's a better weapon than the Death Star ever was, IMO. They could even "grow" as they absorbed more matter and expand with more onboard factories.

Back to the model though, that's a fantastic build and paint job! :D

They were doing more than sucking up the oceans. The World Devestators were pulling up all matter they could find, including cities, and using molecular furnaces to transform the raw materials into new war machines and materiel for the Dark Empire. It's a better weapon than the Death Star ever was, IMO. They could even "grow" as they absorbed more matter and expand with more onboard factories.

Back to the model though, that's a fantastic build and paint job! :D
I am not up on the EU stuff but that sounds like it would have been a much better weapon to use for the sequels than the Death Star knockoff that was Star Killer base

And speaking of back to the model. I used some markings from the Bandai Rogue One 1/72 X-Wing set to provide some markings

IMG_5374 (2).JPG

IMG_5372.JPG

IMG_5379 (2).JPG
IMG_5375 (2).JPG

IMG_5377 (2).JPG

Also added some more rivet holes
I thought I had sanded parts smooth, but after applying some oils I see I missed a few odd panels. Might have to try touching that up

IMG_5373 (3).JPG

Love those decals, they really give it a great pop of detail!

Those look like they're from the Bandai Rogue One X-Wing set. I used a few sparingly on my 1/72 Red 5 to spice it up a touch.

Thanks

They are the decals from that set. I have 5 of them since I bought the sets for my Red Squadron builds so there were some extra sheets floating around. Also used some of them for my Star Wars Legion Clone Tank as well

It was hard to walk out of Hobby Lobby without buying another X-Wing set at 40% off each time I went there :lol:

Thanks

They are the decals from that set. I have 5 of them since I bought the sets for my Red Squadron builds so there were some extra sheets floating around. Also used some of them for my Star Wars Legion Clone Tank as well

It was hard to walk out of Hobby Lobby without buying another X-Wing set at 40% off each time I went there :lol:
Who needs crack when we have Bandai? ;)

hello, do you happen to have a link to this kit? i'm looking to put together a display on my desk of the rogue squadron hanger bay

hello, do you happen to have a link to this kit? i'm looking to put together a display on my desk of the rogue squadron hanger bay

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back