1/700 & 1/350 scale BH Cygnus builds

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jedi Dade

Sr Member
So I haven't settled on a slicer... recommendations? so far I have on my list Cura, Prusa, chitubox... is there a clear winner amongst them or does it not matter much?

Does the slicer make a difference based on the printer I am using? would one be better for a resin printer (Elegoo mars) vs an FDM printer (Tronxy 5xsa pro)... I realize they would likely have different settings but should they have different slicers?

Jedi Dade

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Firefox3D

Have a look for videos by Maker's Muse or Thomas Sanladerer on youtube, think they both have done slicer comparison videos.

From what I have seen the Prusa slicer is about the best for FDM printers as I think most manufacturers supply a profile for it, Chitubox seems to be the go to for resin printers. In the resin slicer make sure the anti-alias setting it turned on, it makes the prints considerably better.

I bought Simplify3D years ago when there was only Cura (which did not well for Duet based printers back then) and Sli3er, I have stuck with it for my custom FDM as I got used to it.

Jon

mriconoclast

Kind of doing some things with these files, thought y'all might be interested. this here was all done on a ender 5 plus and a photon for the clear bits. I am not as good as Dave was but I am slowly trying to clean up the parts to produce a good build, mine will be at 1/350 because I can't deal with small parts what with the arthritis and all, a photon was utilized for the domes. and then sanding lots and lots of sanding. The files are available on thingiverse and I won't get insulted if y'all want to improve upon them. Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects

Attachments

• longboy.jpg
    longboy.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 99
  • longer boy.jpg
    longer boy.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 96
  • tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 99
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 109

tdb68

AMAZING!!! i been watching this on FB, got my ender 5 pro but need to tune it up. Straight into the fire!
thankx for doin this, i was sad to hear so much about the problems shapeways was having with the files and printing i figured i would never be able to try my hand at building this vessel.
such a great vintage ship and such a dark movie for disney. just wonderful!!!

mriconoclast

Let there be light! More and more files being proofed and uploaded But I am now in the process of printing a clear petG armature for the central section to disperse light and give the ship some "spine" more to come.

Attachments

• blurry lights.jpg
    blurry lights.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 64
  • lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 59

mriconoclast

I'm just going to leave these here.....

Attachments

• Ten.jpg
    Ten.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Seven.jpg
    Seven.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Eight.jpg
    Eight.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Nine.jpg
    Nine.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Six.jpg
    Six.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Five.jpg
    Five.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 38
  • four.jpg
    four.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 36
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 33
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 30
  • one.jpg
    one.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 44