1:6th Tanis Map Room from Raiders.

d_jedi1

Sr Member
Several months ago, HotToys released their 1:6th Indiana Jones figure. Some loved it, some hated it, some made minor changes to it that elevated it from an o.k. release to masterpiece.
I made some minor changes but mainly, it's on my primary display behind the Ark of the Covenant.
P1120738.jpg

The sideshow Indy that I HAD in that position, got moved to his own diorama that I used the HotToys Idol pedestal on. (don't mind the headless body, it was used for a Smallville figure bash)
P1120740.jpg

But I still had the hatless Indy, I put him in the HotToys Arabian disguise only to sit on my shelf..
P1120755.jpg

But then, sideshow had been showing something, something I wanted but honestly, could not afford. Their Tanis Map Room environment.
100084_press10-001.jpg

It was big, didn't have the entire map area, but looked pretty cool none the less.
Eventually, I settled on collecting as much reference as I could, and making my own. In my second post, I will share the pictures of my current state of progress.
Now please note, mine is also not accurate as I have condensed it down to about half the size the room SHOULD be but I will be including all of the buildings when it's finished.

Obviously, I'm not going to post up my reference photos. They were mostly found via google anyway. Also, the buildings may not be sized accurately. I don't really have measurements for any of them and am guesstimating numbers based on screencaps and such and then doing pixel-counts. :facepalm
P1120875.jpg

P1120876.jpg

The buildings and pyramids are being made from card-stock and reenforced with two-part epoxy and superglue.
P1120877.jpg

P1120878.jpg

P1120879.jpg

I also made the brush that Indy used to dust off the ramp
P1120880.jpg

I will need to add detail to the ramp
P1120882.jpg

and a quick shot of some of my notes/map
P1120881.jpg

Nice! Keep up the good work. I understand why you're not doing it to scale with the figure though - the space needed for that would be a pretty sizable footprint!! Keep us posted on your progress!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back