1:6th Tanis Map Room from Raiders.

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by d_jedi1, Jan 22, 2012.

1. d_jedi1

d_jedi1 Sr Member

Several months ago, HotToys released their 1:6th Indiana Jones figure. Some loved it, some hated it, some made minor changes to it that elevated it from an o.k. release to masterpiece.
    I made some minor changes but mainly, it's on my primary display behind the Ark of the Covenant.
    [​IMG]
    The sideshow Indy that I HAD in that position, got moved to his own diorama that I used the HotToys Idol pedestal on. (don't mind the headless body, it was used for a Smallville figure bash)
    [​IMG]
    But I still had the hatless Indy, I put him in the HotToys Arabian disguise only to sit on my shelf..
    [​IMG]
    But then, sideshow had been showing something, something I wanted but honestly, could not afford. Their Tanis Map Room environment.
    [​IMG]
    It was big, didn't have the entire map area, but looked pretty cool none the less.
    Eventually, I settled on collecting as much reference as I could, and making my own. In my second post, I will share the pictures of my current state of progress.
    Now please note, mine is also not accurate as I have condensed it down to about half the size the room SHOULD be but I will be including all of the buildings when it's finished.

2. d_jedi1

d_jedi1 Sr Member

Obviously, I'm not going to post up my reference photos. They were mostly found via google anyway. Also, the buildings may not be sized accurately. I don't really have measurements for any of them and am guesstimating numbers based on screencaps and such and then doing pixel-counts. :facepalm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The buildings and pyramids are being made from card-stock and reenforced with two-part epoxy and superglue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also made the brush that Indy used to dust off the ramp
    [​IMG]
    I will need to add detail to the ramp
    [​IMG]
    and a quick shot of some of my notes/map
    [​IMG]

3. Nobby

Nobby Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

oh nice job :thumbsup

can't wait to see it all finished :)

4. d_jedi1

d_jedi1 Sr Member

Thanks. It's coming along nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Nice! Keep up the good work. I understand why you're not doing it to scale with the figure though - the space needed for that would be a pretty sizable footprint!! Keep us posted on your progress!

6. jamiestarr319

jamiestarr319 Member

fantastic job, this is amazing !!