1/6 X-Wing on ebay

Looks good, but all they sell is T-shirts then all of a sudden a $6,000 item. Things that make you go hmmmm......

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart@Jan 11 2006, 11:45 AM
Man those have to be the WORST pictures ever.  I really wish they had shown it better
[snapback]1155802[/snapback]​
The quality of the retouching reminds me of the "photos" that grace the pages of the Weekly World News. :lol

Since the genie's out of the bottle and there obviously is no mad competitive rush to bid for this thing, I'm not going to pull the thread again, even though it was relisted.

I think it would be great to have a 1/6 scale x-wing, and this one is pretty well done, except for the fact that its proportions are all wrong. It looks like the friggin' Kenner toy from the rear, for crissakes.

Originally posted by Treadwell@Jan 19 2006, 01:42 AM
I think it would be great to have a 1/6 scale x-wing, and this one is pretty well done, except for the fact that its proportions are all wrong. It looks like the friggin' Kenner toy from the rear, for crissakes.
[snapback]1162068[/snapback]​
In a lot of the shots, it doesn't even look real. That's the quality that reminded me of the Weekly World News. :p

Assuming that I has roughly $7000 to drop on something like this, I don't know where I would put it. It's an ambitious project and the builder has every right to be proud of it, but I think they are going to have a tough time unloading it just because it's so BIG.

Then again, the folks who have $7000 to drop on things like a 1/6 scale X-Wing generally have a home with more sqaure footage than my 2 bedroom condo :p

Originally posted by soltic@Jan 18 2006, 01:41 PM
If u look closely @ the pic of the cockpit IMO it's easy to see the pilot's arm IS fabric.......

woah.  :eek
[snapback]1162183[/snapback]​

I'm pretty sure they just used a Kenner/Hasbro 12" Star Wars Action Collection figure for both Luke and R2.

I remember this x-wing being sold on ebay about 4 months ago from a guy in Miami. The price was $950 with less than a day to go. The figure ws in fact the 12" hasbro. The original photos was of the x-wing in the sellers driveway. Nice markup....worth a grand but not 6 grand...

Originally posted by Lear60man@Jan 22 2006, 02:08 AM
Nice markup....worth a grand but not 6 grand...
[snapback]1165029[/snapback]​

Well, the market will determin that. As the current owner, he's got the right to put up whatever asking price he wants. However, that stated, it looks like the market agrees with you. This is a re-list after all, so it has already failed to sell once. The action only has slightly more than a day to go as of this posting, there have only been two offers made, and both were declined.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back