1/6 Studio Scale Tumbler (got some contact info)

Robbie TPC

Hi all, what's the scale of a studio scale Tumbler ? I thought it was 1/4 scale but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Robbie

Last edited:
Re: Studio Scale Tumbler ?

There were a few different sizes used AFAIK, but the 1/3rd scale Tumbler was seen the most, even being dusted off and reused in The Dark Knight for the impact with the garbage truck.

There's a nice short making of video on the site of the studio who made the miniature: www.newdealstudios.com.
Go to the "behind the scene" section.
And there are some pics in the gallery.
It is indeed a 1/3 model.

I also heard somewhere that they used a 1/6 studio scale Tumbler :confused

I’m right, they also made a 1/6 scale Tumbler for Batman Begins.
It would be cool to build a 1/3 scale Tumbler, unfortunately I don’t have the space and money to build a machine like that. A 1/6 model is also a lot more practical during transport.

My next RC project will be a fully loaded and operational 1/6 studio scale Tumbler, I’m gonna build the thing completely out of aluminium.

No thanks Robbie.
To bad you're not going for the 1/3 build.
That would have been awesome.
Still I'm looking forward to the 1/6 rc tumbler build.

Hey if you want some reference pictures of the real tumbler, i've got lots of them.

The Hot Toys Tumbler is indeed a awesome model, problem is, it’s not a radio control version. Offcourse, it’s possible to turn it in a RC version with a electric engine. But I want a RC Tumbler with a combustion engine, and I wanna turbine in my Tumbler.

I already got a turbine, build a few years ago. It works and it spits a lot of fire.

CIMG5908.jpg

Burn baby burn:love

Re: 1/6 Studio Scale Tumbler (need contact info)

Well, it’s official, I’m gonna make a 1/6 studio scale Tumbler.
But I need contact information (email) of Richard Thomas (not the actor), he was the senior model maker on Batman Begins.
It would be great if someone can point me in the right direction, already done a search on the net, with no success.

EDIT:

I just received an email from the modelmakers that worked on the 1/3 scale Tumbler made for The Dark Knight.
Unfortunately, they don’t have any connection with Richard Thomas, but they did point me at the right direction.

So, the search goes on.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back