1:6 Scale Blade Runner Spinner

That is a thing of great beauty already. I would love to build a kit like that. Watching this thread with great interest.

Last edited:
Wow!... This looks amazing! I will be following this thread with interest, as I collect 1/6 Blade Runner figures. :D

Gaff1.jpg

Thanks so much everyone,

The Spinner has been on my bucket list since the eighties. I did a really crummy vac pull just to see if the canopy shape looked alright, also tinted the "rubber" tire resin. Not a ton of progress but I'm waiting for some larger prints of the fuselage and canopy and then diving in head first again.
IMG_7705.jpeg
IMG_7708.jpeg
IMG_7706.jpeg

So I can better visualise the size from your pictures can you give us an idea of the length / width of the full thing?

Hey everybody! I'm working on this project too with Mr. Kaiburr, as the 3D modeler for this thing. I'll be adding to the posts as well, with updates on the digital side of this baby. Currently i'm trying to get this whole back end ready and separated for printing.
Spinner Body Parting.jpg

wow just seen this fantastic work. You'll definitely finish before mine.
this is going to be so much fun to watch and see our variation to different problems.
I'd swop workshops anyday :)

Yeah turns out I am making a 1/6 x-wing. Too big to hide my other skunk works project....
As for the tires, they are tinted resin. It would be nice to have rubber ones but that’s a TBD.

Flimzy, I saw your solution to the wheel mechanism a while back I think on YouTube, would love to discuss your model, maybe you could IM me sometime? This vehicle is a beast of a project, could use all the help/inspiration I can get!

Travers has been printing some betterments regarding the door panels, so stay tuned. Should have more pics soon!

nathan

I have experimented with Smooth-on Simpact with good casting results. It is a very durable, flexible, urethane. The downside is that it takes a while to demold parts. Cure time tends a couple of hours. I have not yet tried making tires.

Hey Nathan! Good to see you going at it!

For the rubber tires, you might look in to Smooth-On's semi-rigid urethanes. They make one called "Smooth Cast 45D" that has a feeling a little stiffer than a real tire, but it tints and casts well, demolds in 20 minutes or so, and is more archival than flexible urethanes.

Last edited:
[QUOTE
Flimzy, I saw your solution to the wheel mechanism a while back I think on YouTube, would love to discuss your model, maybe you could IM me sometime? This vehicle is a beast of a project, could use all the help/inspiration I can get!
/QUOTE]

I've had several roadblocks on the way what with work taking me out of the country and then my workshop not quite working the way I want it yet.
I've taken some time off work mainly to work on the house but it's meant I can have more time-solving problems, like molding and at last, learn how to use an arduino. this project involves all the skills.
I used Vytaflex 20 for the tires, I only get one out a day but I'm not in any rush.
I should have the wheel mech made in a few weeks so I'll post some video. I'm sure it won't go quite to plan these things never do :)

Kaiburr, please tell us there will be a kit for this. A 1/6 Spinner is a must for the collection, and at 32", the size is perfect. Will look great with the 1/6 Hot Toys DeLorean time machine (which is around 27"). The detail you've put into this is incredible. The interior is incredibly impressive!

Any thoughts to a 2049 K Spinner next? ;-)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back