1/6 Falcon Cockpit/Hot Toys cost????

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Tom1971, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Since Sideshow was so bizarre in their pricing of 1/6 figures and I only see Hot toys in secondary market, or maybe that's the price :cry can anyone tell me:

What a normal 1/6 Hot Toys go for???

Both 1/6 and Vehicles like the Batmobile before the scalpers take them to Ebay???

Just trying to get an idea of what the new Star Wars Figures, Falcon Cockpit and Tie are gonna go for???

Thanks

Tom

BTW Does anyone else think Hot Toys may be starting a 1/6 Falcon they will do over time???????

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. Andrewhitc

Andrewhitc Member

Re: Hot Toys cost????

I think we will get price tag after SDCC.
    Price of hot toys depend on exclusive or not. If I'm correct, Delorian's was 600$
    Probably cockpit will be the same, and tie fighter more.
    Plus big shipping!

3. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

4. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

I think I want to get the cockpit and skip the 12" toy figures. They would just block the awesomeness.

If you are correct and it goes for $600 or even a bit more it may need to go on the wish list. I 'm guessing $800

Figures look amazing but I can get a cool prop like a saber or helmet for that price.

5. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

OH MAN! That means the cockpit is going to WAY up there! :(

6. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

As I said my guess is $800 but 1k would not surprise me.

Plus a once a year large section of a 1/6 Millennium Falcon is not out of the question.

The, beyond madness, for Star Wars is just getting started.

Can you imagine a 1/6 complete Falcon???? Holy Good Goddness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jkno

jkno Master Member

Hot Toys are everything you want, but not toys. They go easily in the high end realm due to price and great quality. Though there were some flops in HT's history, an their use of low quality rubber made some Batman and Robocop (ED-209) fans angry, the other things they released were very cool. Since they got Star Wars license everything went on insane mode. If you want to go into HT's realm of figures and environments/dioramas/ships/vehicles, you need to save big time. I mean BIG TIME! Despite the fact that they don't go for uber accuracy, the figures they released so far surpassed all other 1/6 companies including Sideshow, Medicom etc. and even some 1/4 releases - recently HT went into the 1/4 realm too - they will release a 1/4 ROTS Vader and Stormtrooper.

8. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Looking at pics the Cockpit looks to be about 2' long, so how big would the Falcon be????????????????

9. Edraven99

Edraven99 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think someone over on SS Freaks speculated that a 1/6 scale Falcon would be the size of a small car...

[Edit] Ok... so according to Wookiepedia the Falcon is supposed to be 34.37 meters x 25.61 meters... so... 18.79 ft long x 14.004 ft wide!!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  10. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

I am thinking of my beloved 6ft TRU Falcon. It could fit two 12" figures about like the original Falcon cockpit 3 3/4 inch figures did. Two only. Looking at the pics from SCC and the size of the 6' Falcon cockpit I think a 1/6 scale would be about 12'+ long so yeah, the size of a compact car.

I don't see a problem with this. I will make room. :)

11. jaysethan

jaysethan New Member

The Dark Knight Armory came with Alfred and Bruce Wayne and had a list price of $630ish. The Iron Man suit up gantry was $600 (no figures). I say $700 tops, maybe more if it comes with Han and Chewie

12. MacBeath

MacBeath Active Member

I know I was tempted with the 1:6 scale Tumbler for a while... And I think it went as low as £350/$500. Though that was a few years ago now, but it was probably a more complex model than the cockpit will be.

I saw the Tumbler in the Hot Toys Secret Base in Hong Kong last year and it was bigger than I expected too.

13. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Han and Chewy alone are $475 :cry

14. MacBeath

MacBeath Active Member

Just spotted The Bat from DKR is £540/$850 so I guess that gives an idea...

15. ABE

ABE Active Member

I paid around of $700 for the Batmobil 89 ,

16. bothanspy

bothanspy Sr Member

With working lights and such, my guess on the cost will be more close to $1k

17. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Posted this in another thread:

Based on the 12" Han in the back the Falcon looks to be about 16" high. That makes the Tie about 48" high. That's 4 feet baby!!!!!!!!!

I have never even been a big Tie fan one way or the other and I am sooo getting this.

- - - Updated - - -

This pic makes it look like about 3' high which is probably more acurate.

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

More:

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

The more I look I agree. My guess is $999 for the Falcon cockpit and $999 for the Tie.

Totally worth it. Never thought any 12" figure was worth hundreds but the vehicles sure are.

Although if I could have afforded it there is some 1/6 SS and HT I would have gotten.

18. third3ye

third3ye Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think the cockpit will go for around $500-$700, it's more or less a diorama, can't imagine they'd ask for more $ than Hulkbuster. Regarding the TIE, hard to forget they ended up scrapping the 1/6 scale TDKR Bat and going with the 1/12 scale instead. If they do end up releasing the TIE they'll be asking for over $1K, my best guess is around $1200, but if I had to bet I'd say HT will never release it.

19. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Hear this Hot Toys.

First I do not own a single piece of yours. Not one product. Way to expensive for what is basically a really nice 12" Action figure. Don't get me wrong, awesome!!!!!! but too pricey for me for that. For the price I can get a really nice actual prop. A saber, helmet, etc.

If you make the Millennium Falcon Cockpit I will sell my first born to buy one. He's cute and a great kid so it should not be a problem. While kidding about the kid I told my wife no matter what I am getting that and she agreed.

If you make the Tie fighter I will buy it no matter what it takes and I'm not even a huge Tie fan.

If you continue and make a X wing I will buy it. Again not a huge X wing fan.

If you make my beloved Y wing I will sell body parts to buy it.

And if you do, what I doubt anyone has the guts to do, ( It's to big, bla bla, cry, cry) and build a 1/6 Falcon in pieces over several years kind of like the Diago I will forgo car plans and likely some vacations to buy it. Sell blood, sell the other kid. Whatever it takes.

Now I know your gonna say I am crazy but really it's just the cockpit and the "living area". The rest can be empty or offered with additional upgrades. Just look at every Deagostini piece and make it bigger.

Have some courage. Do what many will say can't be done. BTW every great, amazing thing ever made has had most whiners saying it could not be done, won't happen, etc.

I am not alone. Everyone is going crazy for these.

And guess what, then we are gonna need a bunch of 1/6 figures to put in them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  20. eifion

eifion Well-Known Member

Their 1/6 Chewie looks terrible.

[​IMG]

A 1/6th scale TIE Fighter would be epic but this looks smaller than that to me. How about a 1/48th Star Destroyer :lol

21. Darth Niob

Darth Niob Sr Member

Luke and Ben lookin great...they just need to redo Han's and Chewies facesculped. Rest of Chewie looks good for me. Anyway....a very impressive display!!

22. third3ye

Yeah the consensus on the TIE is that it's not 1/6 scale, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/10 to 1/12. Still, HT's track record with vehicles of that size isn't particularly reassuring for those who want to buy this.

23. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

Agreed! The Luke and Ben sculpts are SPOT on! Very impressive. Apparantly, HFs face is one of those that is very difficult to sculpt. Oddly... everything about Chewie is amazing. But he appears to have a teddy bear face.

Kudo's to HT for an impressive display!

24. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Out of curiosity just how big do you guys think a real Tie fighter is supposed to be in proportion to an average size man.

This is a 1/6 Tie pilot in the Tie. Looks about right to me and the Tie compared to the Falcon Cockpit sure looks right to me.

[​IMG]

25. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

The expression on Ben's face is priceless compared to the others... sort of a "Heavy Sigh" look. :)

26. third3ye

Huh, I stand corrected. That does look like the SSC TIE pilot 1/6 figure.

I never felt HT's Han and Chewie looked that great, Han just looks off and the rooted hair on Chewie makes it tough to manufacture his likeness. Their Obi Wan and Luke headsculpts are spot-on, but Luke's hair color should be lighter.

27. Kerberos23

Kerberos23 Active Member

Hasbro is doing a 1/12th scale new TIE Fighter in their 6" Black Series now
    tiefighter.jpg

Shredhead74 likes this.
  28. cboath

cboath Master Member

a 12" fig in the TIE??? Wow! I shutter to think at the price, but if it becomes reality i'll definitely have to see if i can swing it....

29. bothanspy

bothanspy Sr Member

Looks like your wish is coming true! Start saving your pennys!!!

1/6th scale Millennium Falcon measuring close to 18 feet (5.5 meters) long by 12 feet (3.7 meters) wide

http://toyland.gizmodo.com/hot-toys-is-making-a-sixth-scale-millennium-falcon-that-1719017218

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  30. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Yep,

As some may recall I called this somewhere on some post back during ComicCon when I first saw it. I know it sounds crazy and people assume it's a one of a kind for the show but I disagree.

My prediction, based on nothing but my own opinion , is Hot Toy will offer a full 1/6 Falcon over a period of numerous years.

Sure say I am crazy, it will never happen, there is no room for most people,... Just wait.

31. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

32. faustus100

faustus100 Well-Known Member

I remember paying a bit under 1k for my sideshow speeder bike. (Different company and 1/4 scale) but I still think this thing will go for well over 1k. I'm thinking about 12-$1400.

33. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Let's take the 6ft Toys r Us Falcon. My favorite piece of all time and I will have one again.

Yes, I know, not accurate bla, bla.

The thing is basically two plastic haves stuck together. They were made quick, cheap and after nearly 20 years they are all just fine.

If you think about it a hard plastic Falcon shell is not that big of a deal for a huge company as the 6ft Falcon showed

OR do it Deago style piece by piece.

The naysayers said there would never be another S.S. Falcon after the MR. If I described the Deago plan before they did it people would have said I was crazy. Can't be done, etc.

You can add interiors or leave it as a shell with that amazing cockpit.

Yes it is insane and probably won't happen but not because it "can't be done." The "it can't be done" people are the same ones who always claim they like out of the box thinking.

It can be done.

The Cockpit.

Shell pieces

Various details "sets"

Interiors for upgrades, etc.

It can be done it's just a question of if it will be.

Mailing DVDs to people sounded like the dumbest idea I had ever heard. Last I checked Netflix is swimming in money.

Every great thing ever done has been surrounded by people saying it can't be done.

34. jkno

jkno Master Member

Next will be a 1/6 Death Star... :p

russellsch and Shredhead74 like this.
  35. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

They have to work their way up... Sandcrawler, Tantive, Star Destroyer, Super Star Destroyer, THEN the Death Star

russellsch and Shredhead74 like this.
  36. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus New Member

My hope for something a bit more reasonable is a small section of the Tantive IV hallway. Say the doorway and the first small section of walls. And by small I mean something no more than 15" to 18" long for the hallway and whatever the correct width and height would be. I need to be able to fit it on my shelve. I can only be so crazy.

37. joberg

joberg Master Member

I`ll vote for the Sandcrawler next! Full RC, lights, sound, the main door opens and the stairs go down automatically;) I would be in Heaven!

38. Leigh

Leigh Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sand crawler would be huge! I'd like to see a Slave 1 :cool, X wing, A wing, Snow speeder, Land speeder etc. They'd all be a reasonable size although Slave 1 would still be pretty big :D

39. jkno

jkno Master Member

Vader's TIE, Luke's Landspeeder could be also made.

40. joberg

joberg Master Member

A 1/6 SnowSpeeder is already available made by Epic Models (was at one of the table in San Diego):)

Leigh likes this.
  41. jkno

jkno Master Member

42. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

I'm really surprised the Landspeeder hasn't been done. It's a small enough vehicle for a shelf. :)

43. Laspector

Laspector Sr Member

What is the point of an 18' Falcon? It's still too small to sit in and yet too big for the house.

Solos blaster and TooMuchBBQ like this.
  44. jkno

jkno Master Member

Hot Toys 1/6 Falcon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MastahBlastah and Country Paul like this.
  45. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

Gulp! Holy moly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

Ok....now I get it!!! I wouldn't want it, but I get it. :cool

47. joberg

joberg Master Member

Mmmhh...TFS jkno:) Looks like a Hasbro on acid. Lots of transfo and improvements can be achieve on that toy. And yes, it's a toy and not a model...

48. third3ye

[​IMG]

I think Hot Toys has just proven that there is a limit to sixth scale collecting.

DL 44 Blaster likes this.
  49. cboath

cboath Master Member

Holy @#$%! and $#%#$% @#$% %#$@#$%^!@#$

That's like my whole 2-car bleeping garage. ILM doesn't even make them that big for filming :)

Awesome? absolutely. Sellable? Not really. Seriously, what's the market for stuff where you need a 25' x 25' room to put it in so you can walk around the thing? Can't be remotely large enough for production. But, it's a helluva scene stealer for tradeshows!

50. MastahBlastah

MastahBlastah Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh man ... are there interior details??