1/48th B-Wing 3d Print

korben44

Master Member
I started yet another project that is of a 1/48th scale B-Wing stl that I purchased from Cgtrader. Here's where I'm at so far:

PSX_20201030_235040.jpg
PSX_20201030_235051.jpg
PSX_20201030_235100.jpg

All parts have been printed on my Elegoo Mars printer.
All

Looking really good! I'm wanting to do a similar project. Where can I get the print files you used?
Or rather which ones did you use? There are multiple options there.

Last edited:
I started yet another project that is of a 1/48th scale B-Wing stl that I purchased from Cgtrader. Here's where I'm at so far:

View attachment 1363614View attachment 1363615View attachment 1363616

All parts have been printed on my Elegoo Mars printer.
All
Looks great, I’m doing the exact same thing. Did you manage to get it to work so that the cockpit pod can be rotated independently of the rest? I haven’t had a chance to test mine, but I did complicate the issue by planning to run wires into the cockpit for lighting. I think I might have to use copper tape to make a contact strip like Chris Olsen did for his Bandai b wing.

Looking really good! I'm wanting to do a similar project. Where can I get the print files you used?
Or rather which ones did you use? There are multiple options there.
I bought the files on cgtrader... Here's the link:

Looks great, I’m doing the exact same thing. Did you manage to get it to work so that the cockpit pod can be rotated independently of the rest? I haven’t had a chance to test mine, but I did complicate the issue by planning to run wires into the cockpit for lighting. I think I might have to use copper tape to make a contact strip like Chris Olsen did for his Bandai b wing.
I am working on making it rotate using a brass rod through the center of the cockpit pod assembly. I don't think I will light this version. I'm planning on doing 1/24th scale versions as well and that I will light.

Looking good so far! Excited to see how this one turns out. I actually picked up these same files yesterday (along with his y-wing) and I am getting ready to print the first part. Going to scale up 300% which should be Studio Scale.

Those prints look fantastic!

Looking good so far! Excited to see how this one turns out. I actually picked up these same files yesterday (along with his y-wing) and I am getting ready to print the first part. Going to scale up 300% which should be Studio Scale.

Those prints look fantastic!
Thanks! That sounds right for 1/24th scale. I'm looking to get his Y-wing as well. I wish there was a Slave 1 available... I want to print that in 1/48th scale.

You must have a large print area. What are you using to print the files?

Thanks! That sounds right for 1/24th scale. I'm looking to get his Y-wing as well. I wish there was a Slave 1 available... I want to print that in 1/48th scale.

You must have a large print area. What are you using to print the files?

Actually, you might be surprised. I have printed both a 1/24th scale TIE Interceptor and X-Wing and I only have a Prusa mini (7" cubed print bed). There were a few parts on both, for instance, the front half of the fuselage on the X-Wing that did not fit.

I just went through the B-Wing files and only one piece does not fit at 1:24 and this time instead of using the printer at my work I am going to try just cutting it in half and printing it in two parts.

Here is the first part of the B-Wing that I was able to squeeze onto the print bed, this is one of the larger parts for sure.
20201101_082410.jpg

Slave 1? I also just picked this one up, it looks to be a new addition to the site. Files are pretty awesome from what I have gone through so far (it's a ton of parts...):

That site is where I purchased my TIE Interceptor and they were fantastic, a lot of work goes into their files to ensure they print and it really shows.

Ooh excited to see a 3D printed 1/48 slave 1. I converted the Hasbro toy into a 1/48 model and I’m not sure I have the will to print it at 1/48 and go through the trial of painting that intricate paint scheme again, but I bet if someone else starts printing one I won’t be able to resist.

Ooh excited to see a 3D printed 1/48 slave 1. I converted the Hasbro toy into a 1/48 model and I’m not sure I have the will to print it at 1/48 and go through the trial of painting that intricate paint scheme again, but I bet if someone else starts printing one I won’t be able to resist.
I'll be printing one as my next project. That Gambody one looks really good.

Actually, you might be surprised. I have printed both a 1/24th scale TIE Interceptor and X-Wing and I only have a Prusa mini (7" cubed print bed). There were a few parts on both, for instance, the front half of the fuselage on the X-Wing that did not fit.

I just went through the B-Wing files and only one piece does not fit at 1:24 and this time instead of using the printer at my work I am going to try just cutting it in half and printing it in two parts.

Here is the first part of the B-Wing that I was able to squeeze onto the print bed, this is one of the larger parts for sure.
View attachment 1364045

Slave 1? I also just picked this one up, it looks to be a new addition to the site. Files are pretty awesome from what I have gone through so far (it's a ton of parts...):

That site is where I purchased my TIE Interceptor and they were fantastic, a lot of work goes into their files to ensure they print and it really shows.
That is very awesome... I don't think I could do that with my Elegoo Mars... The Saturn would be able to, though. But that's something that will be a future purchase. I'm having a lot of fun with my resin printer, as you can see... Lol

View attachment 1364045
I don't know if your goal is to go for true studio scale or just 1/24 overall, but the Bwing filming model was closer to 1/35, not 1/24. But I understand if you just want to make them all in the same scale. It looks weird when everything is 1/24 and you have one off scale. That's why some kit makers made a 1/24 version of the bwing (using part of the same source models at bigger scale when available). Same thing with the Awing, the main filming model was 1/12, but there is a 1/24 kit floating around

I don't know if your goal is to go for true studio scale or just 1/24 overall, but the Bwing filming model was closer to 1/35, not 1/24. But I understand if you just want to make them all in the same scale. It looks weird when everything is 1/24 and you have one off scale. That's why some kit makers made a 1/24 version of the bwing (using part of the same source models at bigger scale when available). Same thing with the Awing, the main filming model was 1/12, but there is a 1/24 kit floating around

Ah, awesome, that is good to know! It will sit on a shelf between my other two so on this case I think it will work better.

Thanks!

That is very awesome... I don't think I could do that with my Elegoo Mars... The Saturn would be able to, though. But that's something that will be a future purchase. I'm having a lot of fun with my resin printer, as you can see... Lol

For sure, makes building these much more accessible to a wider audience. Plus, you can make what ever scale you want which is what I really like.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back