Limited Run 1/48 Y-Wing Kit (SLA resin printed)

StevenBills

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone! Happy Star Wars day! :D

This thread will be used to keep track of the initial run for this 1/48 resin Y-Wing kit that I am offering. This is the Chris Bibby CG model that has been modified (with his blessing) to be more accurate. First off, I'd like to thank Hagoth for sculpting a new canopy for this model: it is more accurate to the studio scale models than the original canopy that came with the model. In terms of the accuracy of this model overall compared to SS models, I can't really comment on that. I can say, however, that the details of this model match the Bandai 1/72 model VERY well. This has been a long road for me to get to this place with this kit, and producing parts that I am 100% happy with offering for sale. You can read my build thread in which I document the ups and downs of building this model for the first time here:

INTEREST LIST FOR 1st RUN:
1. Inquisitor Peregrinus - PAID - SHIPPED
2. Dedalus5550 - PAID - SHIPPED
3. edge10 - PAID - SHIPPED
4. skahtul - PAID - SHIPPED
5. rbeach84 - PAID - SHIPPED

This first run will be limited to 5 kits. First come, first served. **Please respond to this thread if you're interested so that I can get you on the list, and then I'll PM you with PayPal details**. Production time is 1-2 weeks per kit, although it varies.

Pricing Information:
Each kit costs $200 (PayPal f/f) + S/H. Shipping to the US is $25. I cannot offer international shipping at this time, unfortunately.

The payment will be split in two, with a $125 deposit to begin producing each kit, and the balance due to be paid once the kit is finished but before shipping it out.

Anyway, onto the details!

IMG_7962 copy.jpg

There are 45 parts included with this kit: 37 resin printed parts, and 8 t-rods for the struts. Just a word of caution: cured UV resin is very brittle. Please be gentle when working with some of the smaller parts!

NOTE: pipes are NOT included with this kit. You'll have to source those from somewhere else. I used 3/64 brass rods on mine. You can find them here (you'll need two packs): K&S 3/64 in. Dia. x 12 in. L Brass Rod 4 pk - Ace Hardware

Piping instructions can be found here: https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/8/0/9/955809-63-instructions.pdf

Instructions for assembly can be found here (note: I have combined many parts for ease of assembly and production): Exploded View - Google Drive

IMG_7963.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7966.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

IMG_7984.jpg

And here is a size comparison between the Bandai 1/72 model and this kit:

IMG_7044.jpg

You can see more build photos and completed photos in my WIP thread at the top of this post if you're interested.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

SB

Last edited:
After further community feedback, I am dropping the price of these kits to $200 + S/H. Prices have been updated in the original listing.

SB

I sent a PM with no reply. Can I just get one (with payment) or is there a longer process? Based on the info here, there might be two of these that are so far not spoken for.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

I received this today. Very impressed. I feel weird saying this--because if I heard it, I'd have suspicion--but I want to say "Bandai quality." Very crisp and very detailed. Most parts can be test fit out of the box, and fit is very good--though I am new to 3D-printed stuff, with only a few detail sets so far. A 48th scale Y-wing has always been my holy grail kit, but when I got a resin kit that used to be available, I had re-bay that thing. In case you're wondering, I paid full price and I don't know the seller. This is just about the product. If you care about accuracy, check the photos is the best I can say.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back