1/48 Round 2 Space 1999 Eagle one

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is a build I actually completed several years ago, I just recently swaped out the plastic kit engine bells for the Aluminum parts.I custom mixed the colors based on my references to match the original 44" Studio miniature as it was seen early first season. The cockpit does indeed light up as all my builds of this kit, but need to replace the battery.

I also photographed it on a custom base I made for it and painted it per references of the landing Pads in the series. Ill post updated pics once I change out the battery.

Thanks.

60nT1h.jpg

cKaDtD.jpg

oZ3Nvk.jpg

uQOGoI.jpg

More pics of the finished model...

The model features...
Working cockpit lights.
Replacement springs for landing gear to accurately depict landed ship.
Air brushed panel shading.
Custom base. Air brushed to reflect the series.
The model was painted in several steps. Beginning with black primer and the final coat being the “off White” of the original miniatures, airbrushed a custom mix.
Anyone familiar with my work knows I eventually "film" my builds doing it's thing. There is no difference here, which led to my initial decision not to a have a full interior in the passenger cabin...
More to come.
Thanks.

M9EHST.jpg

JgxelY.jpg

ggmOpW.jpg

9UK61k.jpg

3FgJIE.jpg

fQDhgr.jpg

Z9O9oZ.jpg

0VitDp.jpg

Last edited:
That's a super nice Eagle. I have toyed with the aluminum Engine bells - but always thought they were a bit too pricey for the improvement - since you took the plunge - is it worth it?

Jedi Dade

That's a super nice Eagle. I have toyed with the aluminum Engine bells - but always thought they were a bit too pricey for the improvement - since you took the plunge - is it worth it?

Jedi Dade
Thanks! Yes! The Aluminum bells make the model pop! I have used them on all my 1/48 Eagle builds. However, do what I did...Shop around the net for the best deals! I have always been able to get them much cheaper than what they normally go for!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back