1/48 Hasegawa Macross Valkyre VF 1a Hikaru with Resin Launch Arm and base

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mslz22

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Been working on the valk and launch arm on and off (during downtime or at night) for almost a year. Just got the weapons set in so I could finally finish it.

Launch arm and base were scratchbuilds of my own design to mimic the launch arms in DYRL, the base is kind of a "slice" of the ARMD carrier. I molded them and cast them in resin because i need a few. The boom arm is cast with metal rod throughout for strength and the valk has a reinforcement plate added with a machine screw holding the valk on the launch arm, disguised as the umbilical.

Valk is painted in a more anime style with very few decals, lots of drybrushing and stuff to try to make it look like the old IMAI and Arii box art.

thanks
mike
001_zps595841d5.jpg

020_zps8975e3ff.jpg

026_zpse6e7e64e.jpg

028_zps32adafbd.jpg

031_zpse152ecda.jpg

039_zpse98da894.jpg

037_zps92cc7c7e.jpg

042_zps00247dfc.jpg

047_zps27f2c8e7.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have no idea what all of this is, besides a vague awareness of Macross, but that is a COOL model. It just looks so heavy and purposeful!

Wes R

Legendary Member
Very nice. Haseawa's stuff is pretty high end compared to the other kits, seems like everyone in Japan has rights to make the kits at some point lol. That kit must be massive.