1/350 Medical Frigate Build/WIP

dockbay94

Hello again, been a long time since I posted anything as I have been busy, but aren't we all. here is a little tease per say. I have been working on my frigate since I received it November 2018 mainly weekends only here and there. I do have a life outside my hobby. I am close to the finish line. this here is just a test to see how all the lighting looks and somewhat put together ( tape, tack on CA glue ) I still need to add a few beacon lights, all those pesky little shield plates on the rear fuselage ship/plane parts. if you wish to see more stay tuned as I will be doing a build log on what I did to make this kit. I have lot's of pictures of my process and will post little by little. there is link to a quick video I posted as well. OH, and there is a 1/350 bandai falcon I lit up i'm adding.

Thanks for Looking and enjoy! any questions? please let me know.

thumbnail_IMG_3609.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3610.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3612.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3613.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3619.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3621.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3622.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3623.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3625.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3629.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3631.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3634.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3637.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3638.jpg
IMG_3126.jpg
IMG_3134.jpg
IMG_3157.jpg
IMG_3160.jpg
IMG_3169.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3492.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3495.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3496.jpg

It's about time! The detail and mods you've done to this thing alone deserves a thread. Such a great build and it definitely showcases your passion for this ship.

It's about time! The detail and mods you've done to this thing alone deserves a thread. Such a great build and it definitely showcases your passion for this ship.
Thanks Mike !! you and I both helped each other on our kits. just wish I got mine done as quick as you did your! there sure were a lot of hurdles on this build. thanks for your support, knowledge, and advice. I'm at the Homestretch baby!

Wow this is a cool ship and you have knocked out of the park and lighting that tiny falcon just bout made me crap myself super work Thanks for sharing

Oh no. The 1/350 Falcon you're using is based on the 5-footer studio model. The one in the movie, however, was the 3-footer. So... looks like you'll have to scrap the entire thing -- frigate and all -- and start over. I'll do you a solid and take this one off your hands. Send my a PM.

;)

JK. Looks great!

Wow this is a cool ship and you have knocked out of the park and lighting that tiny falcon just bout made me crap myself super work Thanks for sharing
Yeah! I had to buy a whole case of diapers myself! that falcon really tested my patience and skill level. never thought I could pull it off but I did!

Oh no. The 1/350 Falcon you're using is based on the 5-footer studio model. The one in the movie, however, was the 3-footer. So... looks like you'll have to scrap the entire thing -- frigate and all -- and start over. I'll do you a solid and take this one off your hands. Send my a PM.

;)

JK. Looks great!
well... let me think about that! MMMM - nope! I am legally blind now thanks to this tiny falcon! I love a challenge and this was definitely one them. I think I got my falcons right. I initially built two of them ANH and ESB versions, I sold the ANH to my buddy he liked it so much. I'll get a divorce before I part with this. LOL

Wow, that's one hell of a build you have there...MF looks mighty well painted and detailed as well!!
Thanks to bandai for making such a Detailed kit! all I had to do was figure out how to light it all up? and in perfect scale with the frigate! both gun bays, front mandible headlights .25 FO, cockpit, and four slow fred flashing led's under the front main hull. she will look nice when I attach her to the frigate and will bring this Nebulon B to life.

That's awesome!! Love the lighting. Where did you get the stand from?
Thanks, I somewhat custom built it. Late November 2018 we had a Purge of old stock before inventory and I was able to get T shaped headrest mounts and square tube brackets, some with ball joints and put together what I thought looked good plus can carry the weight of this beast. I wanted an ILM stand/mount. I did not want to Prop this Model on two poles from underneath that takes away the illusion of it floating. so the pole/pipe that JPG supplied was too short. I bought a longer one and cut it to extend almost to the nose of the ship. and fits perfectly and give's the model strength and integrity without any sagging. hope that helps. and thanks again.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back