1/350 Enterprise FINAL Build

ZombieDUG

Hey everyone!

I just completed my big 1/350 Enterprise 1701-A Refit and I wanted to share it with you all!

Though this is my first time posting on here, I took a lot inspiration over the last 10 months that my wife I and took to build this, from the users here in the General Modeling thread. So, think of this as a big THANK YOU post for being awesome, haha. Going into this, I hadn't built a model since I was kid. And it was the users on this forum that really inspired me to get back into this hobby. It was great fun to build with my wife and I'm looking forward to doing more!

As you'll see in the YouTube video below, the ship is fully lit with multiple light animations including a color changing deflector dish, a left/right torpedo firing sequence, fading warp nacelles/impulse engines, navigational lights, and individually controlled circuits for the flood lights, arboretum, and hangar bay. All the electronics are custom built/coded by myself and driven by a mini-arduino. If you're interested the full code is over at my site. It can really easily be re-purposed for any type of star ship build too! And for really cheap.

Anyways, enough typing. I hope you enjoy our not so little Enterprise as much as I do!

Final Build Video

1/350 Enterprise Build Log #6 (Final!) - YouTube

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_48041.jpg

IMG_48031.jpg

IMG_47901.jpg

IMG_47821.jpg

IMG_47551.jpg

IMG_47522.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_47921.jpg

Absolutely beautiful build! Congratulations! I haven't done one yet but it's on my list. Yours will be an inspiration to me.

First off welcome to the forum.

Nicely done.
Did you use pearlescent paints?

It's great that both you and your wife worked on it together, something you don't see very often.:thumbsup

I need to get me one of these kits, especially with the 1/350 TOS on the way.

Thanks so much for the nice welcome!

Did you use pearlescent paints?

Yes, we did! Rustoleum White Pearl to be exact. Not exactly what you'd call studio accurate, but I thought it would add a nice extra dimension to the final paint job. And since I don't have an airbrush yet, it really looked like the best option available.

I really can't recommend this kit enough. It was a long (10 months off and on), but relatively easy build to do. And when you add in the after market kits that are available, you really end up with one hell of a model. Even in the hands of a new modeller like myself!

And ya the 1/350 TOS is on my list as well. Though I might need to buy another book case to display both of the 1701's! haha

Thanks so much everyone for all the nice comments!

And yes, it is most certainly a LARGE ship. Even larger in person honestly! But any scale really looks great when it comes to the 1701-A. In my opinion it's the best Enterprise design of any series or film.

So whether it's a 1:350 or a 1:537, I'm sure your model will look just great!

I bought this kit last month, great to see someone who did a kick ass job of building it. It is a huge kit, a bit intimidating for me.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back