1:32 F-14D / ELEVATOR DISPLAY PROJECT

Boba Debt

Master Member
I’m coordinating a 1:32 Scale F-14D display that will include 4 primary models built from 2 Trumpeter kits

1. F-14D Engine Model > Very detailed assembly and paint.
  2. F-14D Ordinance Display > Very detailed Bomb and Rocket models
  3. Forward Fuselage Model > Very Detailed assembly with lightly weathered exterior paint.
  4. Complete VF-2 Bounty Hunters F-14D Model assembled and painted in the “Ready Five” configuration.

Trumpeter 03203 F-14D Model.jpg

In addition to those 4 models I will have various other models to flesh out the display such as –

RemJ Studios 3-d Printed Tow Tractor and Fire Tractor Product Cathegory (remj.co.uk)
Verlinden Resin Tow Tractor, Ordinance Lift , Liquid Oxygen Cart and Liquid Nitrogen Cart​
12” Naval Aviator Figures with the custom Flight Helmets and the correct Squadron Patches​
Other things I will come up with in the next 3 years​

They will be displayed on a custom version of this Carrier Elevator by “3-D Bases by Mario Catania”

3D BASES by Mario Catania | Facebook

1-32 Elevator 001.jpg

I have a completion window of 3 years for the entire display which is pretty realistic since the majority of the work on all of the models will be done by Dream Works Studios out of Canada

Here are some of Dream Works 1:32 scale work 1:32: Search Result | eBay

So far I have one F-14D model kit and the Eduards Photo Etch Kits on hand

Eduard.jpg

I also have a friend from Florida that printed one of my RemJ Studios Tractors

I ordered the Tamiya 1:32 scale F-16 model and it is in route from Japan - EDIT model received on 7-25-22

Tamiya 60315 F-16 Model.jpg

I ordered the Quinta Studios 3d F-14D cockpit and it is in route from Ukraine - EDIT Kit received on 7-31-22

Quinta Studios 3D Cockpit.jpg

This is a long term project and I look forward to learning about the various processes required to complete it

I will do my best to keep this thread updated but there may be long periods of time between posts

Last edited:
1:32 Scale F-14D Engine Model

It will be a very detailed model built from the parts of the Trumpeter kit

I will display it on the trailer from a Tamiya F-16J Model but you will be able to pick it up

It will be weighted and upgraded with Eduard Photo-Etched parts

I want it to look used but not dirty or filthy

Luckily, Tumpeter put all of the engine parts on 2 sprues, one per engine, so sorting out the parts so I can send them to Dream Works was easy

Sprue.jpg

EDITED 03-12-23 TO ADD COMPLETED ENGINE UPDATE
$200 Labor plus international shipping
It took Dream Works 8 months to get the engine back to me and overall I'm happy but I think it could have been done better

F14 D Engine 000.jpg

Last edited:
1:32 Scale Ordinance Display

Very detailed Bomb, Missile, and Rocket models displayed on a Custom Rack Display

1. If possible I will use magnets to attach them to the display rack and Ready Five F-14D Model
  2. They will be upgraded with Eduard Photo-Etched parts
  3. I have not worked out the “rack” or device that I will use to display them on yet

I'm not sure if this is a new or old process but when I saw this vidoe about attaching the ordinance with magnets I knew I would have to incorporate this into my display

Last edited:
1:32 Scale Forward Fuselage Model

Very Detailed assembly with lightly weathered exterior paint. It will have the following details

1. All of the bays will be open with no doors or panels
  2. The Canopy will be removable, not hinged and it will have the center window tinted green
  3. The cockpit will be upgraded with a Quinita Studios 3-D Cockpit Kit
  4. It will be upgraded with Eduard Photo-Etched parts
  5. The seats will be held in place with magnets so they can be removed
  6. The Radar Rack will be very detailed with custom parts
  7. I will probably not use the nose cone
  8. The front landing gear bay and landing gear will be very detailed
  9. The back of the nose section will be supported by something custom that I create
  10. It will have a removable Boarding Ladder
  11. NO Pilot or Rio Figures

Last edited:
Complete VF-2 Bounty Hunters F-14D Model assembled and painted in the “Ready Five” configuration.

F-14D Bounty Hunters.jpg

1. The cockpit will be upgraded with a Quinita Studios 3-D Cockpit Kit
  2. It will be upgraded with Eduard Photo-Etched parts
  3. No open panels
  4. No unnecessary details on the engines, if you can’t see it no need to build or paint it
  5. I have not decided on the position of the flaps and air brakes
  6. It will have a CAG paint scheme with typical weathering

Last edited:
I talked to the studio about the second set of parts for the engines, figured they might want them

They weren't interested but suggested that I build the engine for fun

So I did, and I discovered the reason for a detail inconsistancy that I noticed when watching build vids and while looking at pics

Some models had the detail the left line from A is indicating and some didn't

You have to install the RING (Q10) correctly or the Q-20 pannels will hide that detail

I also figured out that it will be very easy to weight the model with plaster post construction

Engine Details 001.jpg

I don't know what you're planning for ordinance, but I got some Sidewinders and Sparrows from Reskit in Ukraine for my 1/72 Tomcat. They're amazingly detailed, even in 1/72 and thier 1/32 versions look even better. Unfortunately they don't do a Phoenix.

20220727_184836.jpg

Last edited:
Oops. I meant to post this in my thread. I'm gonna leave it here just in case you are looking at aftermarket ordinance. I can't recommend Reskit enough.

I have been updating the water slide decals for Remj's 3-d printed Tow and Fire Tractors

I don't have a lot of info about the various stencils so if you're familar with them please feel free to post pics

I would really like to understand the ALPH code the Navy uses to designate the different tractors but I can not find any info about that

I used GPCX and GPJU becuse that was very common on the net

EDIT - updated image

GSE Decals 001.jpg

Last edited:
Getting ready to send the ENGINE & TRAILER parts to Dream Works for assembly and painting

I wanted to install as much of the Photo Etch parts as I can on this project and I was able to install both peices that go to the Engine's final stage

You can kind of make them out in this image

Engine PE 001.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back