1/3 Predator Bio Helmet Project

Sl0100

CDBABCD8-88ED-432D-9061-DCE9FAE4E9A4.jpg
57A5DCBE-36F2-439F-89B1-F2493DFA9807.jpg
70FE5000-5CBA-4AB5-B22B-D2573AC1FAEC.jpg
DCC4011C-0573-47EE-BED0-AFD03FD60B33.jpg

Had another Star wars project to work on, so I had all my supplies out. I had been toying with sculpting some larger Bio helmets to make into display pieces. (larger as in, larger than little hot toys helmets)
The idea was something along the size if the SW Riddell mini helmets. closer to 1/3 scale. Something you could display on a desk or shelf and not be as big as a real helmet but it was obvious what it was.

Im starting with the standard P1 bio. Ive already got it mostly done. Im smoothing and correcting symmetry now.
This is a pretty large chunk of clay. The helmet is almost 8" long and kinda hard to photograph at the angle im making it.
I laid a figure down next to it.
My goal is to make the helmet in resin. and sculpt a mini base to go with it. As long as this turns out well I will move on to other helmets. I think it should be big enough to put an led behind the laser site too.

Im pleased with it thus far. just gonna keep correcting little issues I see but still, its pretty good even at this point.

My ultimate goal is to make a variety of these to enter into the model contest at Wonderfest next year. Not sure if the Wolf or P2 will be next.
anyway, as long as the helmet comes out to my standards, I can offer some up for sale. so keep an eye on it, and enjoy.

update on the project;

finished the P1 sculpt, made the mold and pulled a couple of mini helmets from it. cut out the eyes and trimmed them up. these will be for my own collection. painting one standard P1 , the other will be a big red.

salvaged the sculpt, then began reworking it into a Berserker "Mr. Black" Bio. Looks really cool.

not sure which one is next. need to design and sculpt a base to display these with. I know ill be making a P2, would like to see a Gort or Celtic.   no reason I cant do a bunch of them.
anyway , once I get a few of them done I can offer them up for a few bucks if anyone wants one.
cya! 

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back