1:25 Ecto-1 Build

Darth Brass

Sr Member
Hey gang!

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my PL Ecto-1 and I have a problem. So I didn't like the stickers that came with it. Hating water-slide decals, I just make new stickers on label paper, knowing how it would look afterward. That part I'm fine with. My problem? They're coming up! Any thoughts?!

img1434.jpg

img1438at.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have any thoughts as to what I could use to keep the stickers down? Clear nail polish? Super glue?

I can't gloss coat at this point because I have the 'chrome' and clear pieces glued down.

Halp!

You could use Johnsons Klear on the part: just decant some into a jar and hand paint it on. It is a resin-based polish so it will self-level and it dries to a transparent finish. I use it for sticking down stubborn decals and getting rid of silvering. It's excellent stuff and easily available at your local store.

You could use Johnsons Klear on the part: just decant some into a jar and hand paint it on. It is a resin-based polish so it will self-level and it dries to a transparent finish. I use it for sticking down stubborn decals and getting rid of silvering. It's excellent stuff and easily available at your local store.

Thanks, Tinners. I'll give it a shot if this doesn't work...

The problem appears to be that the curves your asking the stickers to go around are to much for the stickers adhesive to handle. I would reprint your markings on regular paper and then use regular Elmers white glue to glue them down. I;m affraid if you spray over them the printed ink may run and smear. That or practice makes perfect with waterslide decals.

Aaaaand DONE.

Just iPhone photos for now - I'll try and take some better ones later. I tried to accurize the kit as much as I could with the materials and paints that I had. Some is idealized, some is just straight-up faked, but I'm happy with the end product.

Enjoy!
37479410100972624514496.jpg
40888310100972624893736.jpg

I like the build, I'm glad you didn't make that tube on the side all bright yellow like others do, even though your colour is not exact, it's better than bright yellow.

Thanks, BTTFSpencer - I'm pretty proud of this one. I tried to copy the copious pictures from the restoration of the original Ecto-1. The tube was definitely green, but more 'lime' than this one. But not literally "Lime Green" which was my only other choice. So Olive Drab it is!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back