1/24th scale Ultra Probe Command Module

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by dakota_in_the_sky, Oct 24, 2011.

  1. dakota_in_the_sky

    dakota_in_the_sky Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    371
    Finally got started on mine.

    Parts are left to soak overnight
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

    Nose is glued together with super glue. I ran a bead of epoxy putty along the seam to strengthen it.
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

    Nose is puttied
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

    I added styrene strips to the body the add thickness. It's a little thin in those areas. I then glued the top body onto the nose
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

    Alignment pins on the lower body are removed
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

    Propland gave me the tip to add styrene to the sides. I used .188" x .125 strip.
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
     
  2. dakota_in_the_sky

    dakota_in_the_sky Active Member

    Trophy Points:
    371
  3. Nwerke

    Nwerke Master Member

    Trophy Points:
    3,810
    Tidy work!!
     
  4. Shadowknight

    Shadowknight Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

    Trophy Points:
    1,341
    Nice! Keep the updates coming.
     

Share This Page