1/24th Return of the Jedi Rancor... Found new file!

korben44

Sr Member
I know, I know... Another Rancor... But this is the best digital sculpt I've found, so far. And it's not based on the AMT/ERTL kit. I think this new one is much more screen accurate. And it is considerably larger than my other, 1/24th scale version.

PXL_20211115_153103949.jpg
PXL_20211115_153114068.jpg
PSX_20211115_104108.jpg
PXL_20211115_153321708.jpg

korben44

Sr Member
Nah... that looks like the POTF version to me just scaled up a bit.

Jedi Dade
I don't think so... If this is what you're talking about:

star-wars-potf-rancor-and-luke-skywalker-compleet-2-.jpg

I'd have to disagree. Here's the renders of the file I bought. And it wasn't a cheap file...

rancor-rotj-3d-model-stl.jpg
rancor-rotj-3d-model-stl (2).jpg
rancor-rotj-3d-model-stl (1).jpg
rancor-rotj-3d-model-stl (3).jpg

Last edited:

Analyzer

Master Member
Very cool! It does look better

also, from what I can tell, it does not look like a direct scan of the Black Series or HasLab one, or at least if it started that way, it has been modified a bit

Last edited:

korben44

Sr Member
Very cool! It does look better

also, from what I can tell, it does not look like a direct scan of the Black Series or HasLab one, or at least it it started that way, it has been modified a bit
Yeah... It looks unique, even if it started as a scan. I need a 3d scanner... Lol... I'd like to start some physical sculptures and scan them in...

What I'm really looking for is a great sculpt of the Rancor Keeper, Malikili. And of a Gamorrean guard in a standing position. I have a good sculpt of the slave dancer.

oola-slave-standing-3d-model-stl.jpg

division 6

Master Member
41 Pix of the HasLab version.
LINK
The figure measures as much as 27 inches tall and 41 inches wide with arms fully extended. Hasbro's designers have painstakingly recreated the iconic monster using the original Lucasfilm prop as reference. That includes details like the broken shackle and chain on the Rancor's arm and those disgusting jaws. The designers have also put a lot of work into making sure the figure is fully articulated without taking away from the screen accurate look.
17.5" tall with arms down.

WoRsTy

That is fantastic!

But why would you use President Elect Joe Biden dressed up as Princess Leia? I know people have their little quirks. At least I'm not going to mention what is on the left of the pic.

5gh46v.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.